This listing is about Atkins in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Bring the new vision of nuclear to reality.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients’ problems head-on. It’s a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we’re here to support you.
Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what’s ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you’re returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Read More About How You Can Thrive With Us.
As a Senior Planner in our Nuclear & Power Division, you’ll be able to bring your unique skills, work style and background to the mix. We have a huge variety projects and tenders on the go, so there will always be something exciting for you to get involved in. Join us to build a career as a professional planner, while helping us to make a sustainable difference, and shape the future of our business.
As part of our Nuclear New Build business, our Project Delivery capability team specialises in taking on the most complex engineering projects and opportunities that exist across the board, from technical leadership to project management. With existing relationships with the major operators in the nuclear sector, we offer a hugely stimulating variety of work, within a team which is rapidly developing to support the delivery of new nuclear build. Our projects are on a global scale with opportunities across the UK, Europe and Middle East; across a range of projects in both the Large Civil Nuclear market and the emerging New Nuclear Technologies market.
Due to continued growth supporting our clients in the delivery of the next generation of Nuclear Power, we are seeking a Senior Planner to join our team.
Working as a Senior Planner you will be working across our Nuclear New Build business, supporting in the delivery of Atkins engineering projects and tenders across a range of Key Accounts.
We are recruiting across a number of locations including Bristol, Epsom and Warrington where you will join a team with a diverse mix of people from all around the world. There has never been a more exciting time to join the industry as we engineer a cleaner, zero-carbon future for our planet.
What you can bring?
The range of opportunities we have are varied in size and nature and due to continued growth into more complex project environments, we are looking at further develop our planning capability. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-starting individuals who will thrive on being able to adapt and use a combination of best practice planning and exceptional people management skills, to lead our team of planners to support the delivery of our more complex projects. You must be able to appreciate the practical, technical and commercial issues that affect a project and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders and project teams that are either local to you or distributed across multiple sites.
As a Planner, you will be accountable to the Project Manager for the development and management of the project schedule and responsible for
- The development and maintenance of the project baseline.
- The progressing of the schedule and the accurate reporting of physical % complete.
- The implementation of Atkins planning standards in the development of the schedule.
- Developing and maintaining planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), in conjunction with other members of the project team.
- Monitoring and controlling planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Producing and issuing updates to project plans and schedules.
- Producing and issuing updates to project resource requirements.
- Assessing and communicating the schedule impact of change notifications.
- Monitoring overall project progress status including achievement of major milestones, and analysis of project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Liaising with the cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of resource budgets and ensuring that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
The Experience We Are Looking For Is
- Planning on large scale multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
- Planning on EP, EPC, EPCM projects.
- Implementation and use of EVM on projects.
- Good understanding of engineering activities and how engineering is scheduled.
- Good working knowledge of Primavera P6 is required.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present and communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward manner both in writing and orally.
- A proactive, structured and analytical approach to work as well as a good eye for detail and data quality.
- Excellent teamwork competences and ability to achieve results through others.
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Energy Teams are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years’ time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you’ll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You’ll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We’re Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we’ve signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Read more about our Vision for Women.
Meeting Your Needs
When you start with us, you’ll enjoy “Total Reward,” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you’re supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let’s talk about any adjustments you might need.
Read more about ‘Total Reward’.
More About Us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you’ll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org