This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Use your power for a sustainable nuclear future.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients’ problems head-on. It’s a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we’re here to support you.
Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what’s ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you’re returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Working within our Nuclear and Power business in Warrington or Whitehaven, you will be working on projects of national and international significance, at the forefront of the decommissioning legacy nuclear plants. You will be instrumental in delivering exciting, varied packages of work, interfacing with other engineering disciplines, whilst developing your technical skills and management expertise in delivering results that delight your client. You will demonstrate innovation and efficiency in your design solutions including use of value engineering and our ‘best in class’ digital solutions such as virtual reality. You will cultivate strong working relationships with clients, working with confidence and professionalism at the heart of modern engineering solutions.
What you can bring?
You will have a strong technical background in civil or structural engineering projects and be looking to develop your project management skillset alongside your technical ability. You will be an agile, lateral thinker with a delivery focus as a questioning mind and the ability to challenge and interrogate in different situations is a key part of this role. You will enjoy building strong and trusted relationships, working with others and will need to be able to interface with clients and understand their needs.
- Have a strong technical background, including first principles analysis and knowledge and use of relevant UK and international codes and standards.
- Be an Incorporated Engineer or working towards chartership with a recognised institution such as The Institution of Civil Engineers and / or The Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Be degree qualified (with a degree accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of
- Structural Engineers, or other recognised body).
Experience of at least three of the following aspects is highly desirable –
- Design of concrete, steel and masonry structures using recognised UK, US or European codes and standards.
- Strong team ethic, working with others across disciplines to deliver to time, cost, and quality.
- Execution of projects working to clear QA processes and procedures.
- Inspection or appraisal of existing concrete, steel, and masonry structures.
- Design and validation of structural modifications.
- Design and analysis of structures under dynamic loading such as seismic, blast or missile impact.
- Capture and processing of point cloud (3d) or photogrammetry surveys.
- Design of structures using Autodesk AutoCAD, REVIT or similar.
- Construction/implementation of designs on site.
- Working in highly regulated environments such as nuclear.
- Recognised training or experience with engineering software packages, preferably including FE analysis.
- Leading junior staff in development of design studies.
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Energy Teams are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years’ time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you’ll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You’ll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We’re Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we’ve signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Read more about our Vision for Women.
Meeting Your Needs
When you start with us, you’ll enjoy “Total Reward” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at [email protected]
Read more about ‘Total Reward’.
More About Us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a prime global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you’ll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com