This listing is about Atkins in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Senior Drainage Engineer – All major Location
Locations: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Peterborough and Warrington.
Atkins provides drainage design services to Highway, Rail, Private Developer, Energy and Water markets with some of our key clients being HS2, Highways England and Network Rail along with many of the UK’s water companies. Due to a growing workload we are keen to strengthen our existing teams.
We require Senior Drainage Engineers to join our teams operating from across the UK. We are looking for strong collaborators, people capable of supporting their local team, but also delivering on remote projects as part of our national Practice.
You will be required to undertake a key role in the design of drainage Infrastructure, Transportation and Private Developer projects with emphasis on highway drainage and development drainage including SuDS. As well as delivering the drainage design, you will be responsible in supporting the leadership and development of our drainage capability.
- Leading the design of drainage designs from concept to detailed design and construction, as stand-alone projects or as part of larger multi-disciplinary schemes.
- Promoting development of digital solutions in drainage design including full integration of designs within the BIM environment.
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of drainage designs, models, calculations and drawings to relevant standards, including providing technical assurance of designs.
- Determining and assigning drainage design tasks and managing delivery to programme and budget.
- Leading and encouraging the technical development of graduates and technicians in the drainage discipline.
- Ensuring compliance with business management standards set in the company’s quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Managing and developing stakeholder relationships to support the development of the drainage design and consents process.
- Supporting the drainage discipline locally to develop and enhance the drainage design capability within the local team.
- Leading drainage designs, managing the interface and providing technical assurance for drainage designs produced in our Global Design Centre.
- Championing the role of drainage within a multi-disciplinary project.
- Mentoring and supporting the development of engineers, graduates and technicians in the field of drainage design.
- Providing technical input to the preparation of bids including provision of Quality Submission responses on drainage strategy and design approach and input to price via preparation of fee proposals and associated program for delivery including assessment of risk.
- Professionally Qualified with the ICE, CIWEM or similar.
- Ability to design all aspects of drainage from conceptual layout to detailed design.
- Familiarity with hydraulic design software, 3D design tools and BIM.
- Ability to prepare reports and specifications and to collect other data and statistics necessary for the preparation of progress and technical reports.
- Ability to identify and respond to our clients’ values in a competitive market sector.
- Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Ability to identify, manage and develop project scopes and manage budgets, programme and the quality of deliverables.
- A flexible individual, a team player, with a developed attention to detail, shows initiative, proactive and able to deliver to set deadlines.
- Supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Experience in working for both private and public sector clients and knowledge of the different drivers and approaches to management and procurement.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving professional qualification of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org