This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Atkins are looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager / Senior Building Surveyor into our Building Design practice – based in the North West of England, from either our Warrington or Manchester offices.
This role has excellent prospects for a Building Surveyor who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team and has experience in managing client relationships and specific interest / experience of project management.
As a Senior Project Manager / Building Surveyor you be responsible for delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to construction, on our expanding portfolio of challenging projects across our Market Sectors.
- The successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g., programme, budget and quality.
- Identifying and agreeing project objectivities with the Project Director and developing a strategy for achieving these.
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to Atkins to the Project Director (PD) at the earliest opportunity.
- Utilising commercial manager support to obtain clear understanding of contractual obligations and negotiating amendments.
- Setting objectives, and defining tasks for the project team, delegating authority and agreeing how risks will be shared as necessary.
- Actively managing the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Whilst monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process.
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team; including providing regular feedback to all team members and ensuring staff have the necessary H&S training for discharging their design duties and defining line of communication and the responsibilities for co-ordination within the project.
- Assembling and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information.
- Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
- Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent with demonstrable experience managing design commissions on large building/ infrastructure projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3 and JCT.
- Experienced at preparing Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans.
- Experience of managing design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques.
- Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes.
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required.
- Holds a valid UK driving licence.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com