This listing is about Atkins in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Due to recent growth, we are looking to recruit a Senior Digital Project Manager to join our growing in-house Creative Design team. The role will be based in our new central Birmingham office on a hybrid working basis. as well as working from home.
You will be responsible for supporting the digital and project management functions within Creative Design. It’s a fantastic opportunity, in a team that’s bringing real added-value to their projects and clients. We’re currently a team of ten project managers and account managers based in Birmingham, Bristol, Warrington and Bangalore, part of a multi discipline team of over 80, including UX/UI designers, graphic designers, animators, visualizers, real-time and web developers – with plans to expand.
We’re currently growing our digital team, and revisiting our digital processes, so you will need to be a team player who is brimming with ideas and digital processes for how we improve our digital delivery. Alongside this role, we’re looking to bring in a lead digital delivery manager and supporting digital project managers and account managers.
As we’re such a diverse team, there will be opportunities to get involved in supporting the delivery of projects from creating a virtual event platform to developing a gamified e-learning experience for the Ministry of Defense.
Within the Birmingham studio, you would be well supported by Account and Project Management colleagues. You will need to be able to run large-scale digital projects and work with our technical teams to put together suitable technical solutions for our clients.
We currently work with clients such as Transport for London, East West Rail, Ministry of Defense, Highways England, Thames Water, EDF Energy, Faithful and Gould and our own global internal communications.
- Reporting into the Head of Project Management, you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning digital projects from the initial stages through to final delivery.
- Working with the technical leads to define the approach, offering, costs and timelines based on the client brief.
- Acting as the key contact for clients, clearly communicating our offering, process and approach. For large-scale projects, you will be supported by an Account Manager.
- Developing project plans and schedules according to key methodologies and Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming.
- Working closely with the dev team – managing the backlog and running daily scrum calls.
- Forming strong relationships with the client and developing communication channels between the relevant parties.
- Regularly updating key stakeholders on project status.
- Continuously assessing working methods and processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Reviewing project resources and providing an analysis on whether they meet the demands of the project.
- Overseeing the project’s financial budget, notifying stakeholders of key cost implications, changes to budget, spending and cost changes.
- Working as part of a team to develop current client relationships as part of the business pipeline.
- Proven experience of effectively managing large-scale projects from brief through to delivery.
- Adept at building effective client relationships and working with several stakeholders to deliver projects.
- A leader that can guide, inspire and motivate team members and other project stakeholders through challenging situations to achieve the project objectives.
- Experienced in a range of project management methodologies including PRINCE2, Agile and Waterfall.
- Knowledge of key software development processes such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD, BDD.
- Strong communication with excellent presentation, report writing and data analysis capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, change direction when required and work on a range of client projects at the same time.
- Experience of identifying business opportunities, building client relationships, and seeking new business.
- Demonstrable experience on website builds, CMS, leading onsite and offshore development teams.
- Previous experience within a digital agency or similar environment.
- Experience in planning, delivering, and tracking detailed and evolving schedules for a development team.
- Background in digital project management from initial briefing to delivery.
- Technical competence and understanding of HTML5, HTML, CSS, SASS, Front, and back-end frameworks.
- Evidence of working with Agile project management methodologies.
- Multi-tasker with ability to juggle many projects.
- Digital agency experience with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Creative flair and innovative approach.
- Proactive and practical, confident putting ideas into practice.
- Experience of managing virtual events.
- Experience leading highly technical Web, Realtime, Immersive projects.
- Experience of using monday.com project management software.
- Experience with using Dev Ops.
- Speaks fluent French.
Note: This job is posted at P3 level but can be considered at P3 or P4.
The role will be based in Birmingham with occasional travel in the UK required.
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a global proactive and creative team of over 80 designers, developers, visualizers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful+Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We’re problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilize technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Creative Design in the press
Meeting Your Needs
When you start with us, you’ll enjoy “Total Reward”, a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you’re supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let’s talk about any adjustments you might need.
Read more about ‘Total Reward’.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability
Job Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org