Website AUTOSCAN (UK) LIMITED
This listing is about AUTOSCAN UK LIMITED in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company.
Our General Manager – Linehaul East Midlands is looking to recruit an experienced Transport / Linehaul Manager to join and strengthen our highly experienced Senior Management team in our Linehaul Department based at our site in Hinckley. This role will require you to work on nights.
As a Linehaul Manager you will have a strategic understanding of a fast paced large scale Transport operation. You will lead and inspire your team to achieve Linehaul objectives in terms of operational costs, service to network, equipment and capacity utilisation, driver resource.
Additionally you’ll also be focussed on;
- Deliver outstanding service to our Customers, Hubs and Network of Depots and customers with a team driven to be the best they can be
- Achievement of Compliance Targets within the operation and Department through ensuring Legislation and Company policies are adhered to at all times
- Ensure resolution of linehaul issues, through proactive management of areas of concern, quick response to immediate problems and strategic planning of potential areas of weakness. Planning of contingencies in case of site failure.
- Encourage a competitive environment with clearly set productivity and service level targets for your teams
- Manage your operation P&L through effective planning and reporting
What We’re Looking For
- You’ll know the logistics or distribution industry and have experience of running large, fast paced, 24/7 operations with responsibility for a significant number of staff
- Ideally you will hold your International CPC and be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of Transport Compliance
- You will be a confident communicator/presenter with the skills to lead and manage teams as well as influence strategy and liaise with our Directors
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- A passion for building and motivating high-performing teams
- Someone that really enjoys resolving problems and demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Demonstrate the core values of DPD DNA – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
Due to the nature of our operation this role will require you to work Monday to Friday on nights, There may also be a requirement at busy times to work weekends to support.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD, this will include both a corporate induction followed by a thorough induction of our Network Operation.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Your package will include an excellent basic salary, company car or cash alternative, attractive bonus scheme, based on individual and company targets. As well as this you will have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD with long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, the DPD Personality of the Year and an award ceremony at our annual company conference attended by over 1,000 delegates.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Company: AUTOSCAN (UK) LIMITED
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org