Operations Director in Avient Corporation Wiltz, Diekirch, Luxembourg
Website Avient Corporation
This job listing is about Avient Corporation in Wiltz, Diekirch, Luxembourg 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with 2021 revenues of $4.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit www.avient.com.
The Operations Director will provide leadership to the manufacturing organization in one or more business units to attain operational excellence in safety, health and environmental, customer service, product consistency and cost and asset optimization. This position has oversight for multiple manufacturing locations, some of which may be located in more than one country.
- Ensure resources are in place to allow plants to remain in compliance with all safety, health and environmental (EHS) regulations. This includes implementation of auditing systems and ensuring that required EHS training is completed on schedule.
- Develop and implement the Operational Strategy for the plants within his responsibility (incl. the plant mission) supporting Avient business strategy
- Develop and manage a capital plan that supports the business unit strategy and improves plant operations.
- Ensure and contribute to identification and development of talents and support active succession planning
- Hold plant managers accountable for achieving conversion cost metrics.
- Closely collaborate with the other Operations Directors ensuring close knowledge exchange and good practice implementation
- Champion the Manufacturing Incentive Plan (MIP) in business unit and ensure action plans are in place to achieve annual productivity and material efficiency targets at each plant.
- Ensure that quality performance is regularly audited at each plant and improvement plans are implemented as needed.
- Ensure systems and requirements are in place and functioning effectively at each plant to support the supply chain process and achieve key metrics, such as on-time delivery.
- Provide strong support for Lean Six Sigma initiatives in plants and other business unit functions.
- Ensure that plant assets and cost structures are properly aligned to support the business unit strategy including optimized use of assets
- Ensure all plants operate in a manner consistent with Avient’s values and Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or other related fields, MbA would be considered a plus
- Five plus years of experience in managing multi-location / multi-country production sites in international industries in Europe, ideally including MEA
- Black Belt certification is considered a plus
- Focus on results driven and decisive management approach
- Proven track record in implementing continuous improvement processes and measures
- Experience in effective internal and external stakeholder management on all levels with confidence in acting in complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Experience in leading teams effectively through difficult environments while creating strong collaboration
- Excellent cross cultural and business communication skills
- Proficiency in the English and German, any additional language is considered a plus
- Travel can be up to 30% per year
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company: Avient Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wiltz, Diekirch, Luxembourg
Application Deadline: N/A