Website Banesco USA
This job listing is about Banesco USA in Hato Rey Norte, San Juan, Puerto Rico 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Banesco USA is seeking a AVP, Commercial Credit Underwriter II for our Credit Administration Department at our Puerto Rico location.
Primary Job Duties
- Perform underwriting of new and existing commercial real estate loans, mostly for complex requests, to assess the financial condition, repayment capacity, and risks associated with the transaction.
- Perform real estate cash flow analysis, global cash flow analysis, and assess the financial condition of guarantors of such transactions.
- Perform underwriting of new and existing business loans, mostly for complex requests, to assess the financial condition, operating performance, and repayment capacity of such loans. Perform financial analysis, projections and industry analysis.
- Responsible for obtaining the necessary information in a timely manner from lending officers and other officers of the bank.
- Responsible for complying and adhering to the Bank’s Credit Policy.
- Responsible for completing the annual training program assigned.
- Performs other functions and/or duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in the Banking industry as a Credit Underwriter in C&I, CRE, and ABL lending.
- Advance computer skills including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of financial spreadsheet software.
- Advanced underwriting knowledge of commercial real estate and commercial and industrial loans, as well as specialized loans which include but are not limited to SBA loans, Asset Based Loans, Construction Loans, etc.
- Knowledge of lending activities including credit policies, procedures, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of related State and Federal banking compliance regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong organization, time-management and prioritizing skills.
- Customer service skills, ensuring satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to understand and comprehend instructions, procedures and policies ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Problem solving and analytical skills in order to identify problems and present them to the appropriate parties.
- Advance mathematical skills: ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; identify routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
Banesco USA is part of Banesco International, a worldwide group of financial institutions with presence in 16 countries.
As a corporation in continuous evolution, we promote the ongoing professional and personal development of our employees, by embracing challenges and adapting to the changing environment of today’s world. We aim to develop integral human beings, committed to making a difference at the workplace and out in the world.
Our actions are rooted in our Values: Reliability, Responsibility, Quality and Innovation. We believe that we all have the same ability to transform our daily tasks into significant contributions, and therefore, Leave Our Mark.
At Banesco USA, one of our most valued assets is our enthusiastic team, which strives every day to create a world-class organization in an ever-changing world. Together, our team has made us a market leader and we invite you to join us.
Company: Banesco USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hato Rey Norte, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Application Deadline: N/A