Sr. Research Scientist — Computer Vision in Axon Canada
This job listing is about Axon in Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected] Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Do you want to contribute to the work that addresses some of today’s most challenging problems in the public safety space? Are you passionate about AI and Machine Learning? Are you looking for an opportunity to train machine learning models and deploy it in real life situations for the greater good?
As a Sr. Research Scientist, you will investigate the research approach, assess the implementation risk and define the success metrics for multiple AI/ML projects while collaborating with other research scientists and machine learning engineers. You will be actively involved throughout the entire AI innovation life cycle from model prototyping to deployment and continuous learning.
The ideal candidate will have a proven scientific background and a consistent track record of successfully researching and delivering scalable AI-based products with hands-on execution. We need someone willing to be fearless and more than willing to take on bold challenges. By accelerating the adoption of our technologies, you’ll help protect life in public safety for both officers and the communities they serve around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Drive one or more phases of the ML development lifecycle: shape datasets, investigate modeling approaches and architectures, train/evaluate/tune models and implement the end-to-end training pipeline.
- Leverage state-of-the-art research to deliver high quality models enabling multiple AI projects at scale.
- Contribute back to the research community via academic publications, tech blogs, open-source code and contributing to internal/external AI challenges
What You Bring
- A Master’s Degree (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- Hands on experience in developing, scaling and implementing machine learning solutions using relevant programming languages (such as Python), state-of-the-art deep learning frameworks (such as PyTorch and Tensorflow) and code development and review tools (such as Github).
- 5+ years of combined academic and industrial research experience developing Computer Vision solutions (such as object detection/trackingecognition and visual scene understanding) in a business setting.
- Track record of publications and contributions to the machine learning community.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into data, model architecture, learning algorithms/optimization, evaluation metrics, and testing scenarios.
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and product managers as well as understanding and translating the science of AI and Machine Learning to a more general audience.
- Active learning, learning from synthetic data, and one-shot/data-efficient training of ML models.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with distributed machine learning and deploying models at scale in cloud environments (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud).
- Familiarity with IoT/Edge AI and optimizing ML models to run on-device with constrained compute, power and latency budgets.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canada
Application Deadline: N/A