Website Babcock International Group
This listing is about Babcock International Group in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Warrington, WA3 6YD
Compensation: £45,000 – £55,000
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job ID: SF 38986
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join Cavendish as part of a new design team.
Who we are looking for?
Here at Cavendish Nuclear, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a new team of designers to help streamline the manufacturing process. We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who has experience in design and manufacturing, including an understanding of modern materials and manufacturing processes and implementing DFM (Design for Manufacture).
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing New Product Introduction (NPI) processes including the generic design process to develop engineering solutions to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Working with manufacturers and their technical teams to develop cost-effective designs which can be repeatedly produced.
- Implementing design change from the results of root cause analysis.
- Assisting in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
- Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- An Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification/experience).
- 3D CAD modelling experience and manufacturing experience in a volume production environment.
- Understanding of BS8888, its application and impact on modern industrial processes.
- The ability to produce high quality designs with associated documentation.
- Experience of effective and proactive stakeholder engagement, including challenging requirements.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and team working skills.
You must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK’s leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 28th Feb 2022
Company: Babcock International Group
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com