Website BAE Systems
This listing is about BAE Systems in Washington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We serve and protect those who serve and protect us. Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for a globally competitive UK Defence Information Business. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent. At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.
Our Land Business
We design, manufacture, upgrade, and support combat vehicles and provide ammunition, precision munitions, artillery systems and missile launchers to a global customer base.
BAE Systems is proud to equip the British Armed Forces and international customers – our specialist engineers work in partnership with our customers, to provide world-class products and engineering services.
It’s never been a better time to join our Land Business – in November 2020 we secured a further 15-year contract with the UK Ministry of Defence representing our enduring partnership with the UK armed forces.
Supporting the armed forces with some of the most advanced capabilities in the world is one of the most exciting career moves you could make. We are looking for people with the passion, drive and the skills to give the best they can every day, to make sure our troops receive only the very best. In return, we offer you a role you can be proud of, that lets you grow and develop in the UK’s leading defence, aerospace and security company.
We invite you to join us and be part of a team that gives our customers a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, manufacturing and supporting some of their most vital equipment.
Human Resources Data Analyst
Would you like to play a key role in support of our data driven HR decision making within Land UK? We currently have a vacancy for a Human Resources Data Analyst at our site in Radway Green (hybrid working arrangement). This role is offered initially on a 12-month fixed term contract.
As a Human Resources Data Analyst, you will be responsible for processing, maintaining, analysing and reporting on people data within agreed timescales and providing data driven insights to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your analytical skills and mindset in support of our people data and insights. This opportunity will provide great exposure and may act as a foundation in terms of forging a career within future HR strategic positions across the wider BAE Systems business.
Your main responsibilities as a Human Resources Data Analyst will involve:
- Responsibility for outputting data into HR Systems, ensuring that it is of high quality, accurate, efficient and consistent
- Working with appropriate stakeholders, providing for all HR dashboard requirements, analytics and human capital metrics as well as routine and ad-hoc reporting, ensuring that data requests are completed within agreed SLAs
- Regularly collating, analysing and presenting HRMI from a variety of sources. Providing business relevant Insight
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for more effective use of HR management information, risks to HR data accuracy and better ways of working
- Ensuring the accurate collation, audit and maintenance of HR data ensuring robust data and protecting the integrity and quality of company data, when required
- Researching, recommending and obtaining best practice to aid the successful delivery of the HR analytics agenda
- Developing and supporting the capability of HR system users, including training when required
- Acting as the custodian of HR systems for the Munitions business – change lead for system revisions and upgrades, including management of supporting project plans and key stakeholder engagement
Your skills and qualifications:
- Relevant data analysis experience and/or qualifications
- Tableau/Microsoft BI experience
- Strong IT ability – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel data manipulation and formulae and proficient user of PowerPoint
- Excellent data presentation and visualisation skills
- Degree qualified or qualified through experience
- OrgView experience (desirable)
- CIPD Qualification or equivalent (desirable)
What we are looking for in you:
You will be an analytical and lateral thinker with a sharp attention to detail. You will be highly organised in your approach with proven ability to work accurately to tight deadlines, meeting SLA’s and successfully managing conflicting priorities. Using your excellent communication skills, you will confidently and collaboratively work with a range of stakeholders throughout all levels of the business, sharing your expertise.
Radway Green, Cheshire (hybrid working arrangement)
Other sites considered; Glascoed, S. Wales or Warrington, Tyne and Wear
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.
Company: BAE Systems
Job Location: Washington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org