Website Balfour Beatty plc
This listing is about Balfour Beatty plc in Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
Our innovative thinking shapes our industry; equipping the world for tomorrows challenges. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a ER/IR Manager on the Hinckley Point Project and you can contribute to tangible, worthwhile work you can be proud of.
What you’ll be doing
As an ER/IR Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Through proactive consultation with the recognised trade unions, maintain a positive culture of employee relations across the project and minimising industrial disputes as far as practicable
- Manage the IR strategy and policies
- Take the lead for external discussions on the implementation and spirit and intent of the sector agreements and social covenant
- Ensure MEH complies with all the relevant employment regulations
- Liaise with the client Employment Affairs Unit on a regular basis
- Manage the provision of IR related info the client team as required
- Facilitate effective engagement and liaison with delivery partners and trade unions on all workforce issues.
- Lead and foster a positive Nuclear Safety Culture and act as an ambassador for MEH on site
Who we’re looking for
You Will Have The Following
- Degree or equivalent
- Relevant Professional Qualification preferably CIPD Qualified
- Proven track record ideally in large scale projects or in a similar regulated sector
- Can achieve security clearance (BPSS or higher).
- Effective communicator, experienced in delivering and operating at a leadership Level
- Strong leader, experienced with dealing with a breadth of IR issues, liaising with trade union officials at all levels with a positive, can do mentality and the ability to reach sensible compromise positions
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Company: Balfour Beatty plc
Job Location: Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com