Website Balfour Beatty plc
This listing is about Balfour Beatty plc in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Degree Apprentice Planner – Warrington & Mottram (Manchester)
Qualifications needed: 3 A levels A-C or equivalent
About The Role
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Planner. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What The Apprenticeship Will Offer
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Planning & Project Management with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining a Project Management Degree via day release.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, and in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here… There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Your Responsibilities As An Apprentice Planner
- Planning and scheduling practice: Interpret the technical requirements to produce workable schedules, integrated plans and schedule management, levelling and smoothing and impact of uncertainty and risk.
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
- Liaising with Managers and Engineers to discuss progress of the project and address any issues
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the schedule
- Communication with Clients, Suppliers and Senior leadership team
- Identify trends and variances using techniques such as earned value analysis, forecasting, critical path analysis and risk analysis
- Monitor progress/performance and analyse data
- Produce estimate programmes and schedules
Who We’re Looking For
- You will have 3 A-levels A-C or equivalent
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Planning.
- You will have knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, organised and flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Please note our Apprentices for the 2022 intakes will typically start from April time, through to September, please ensure when completing your online application form that you clearly state your availability and whether an April and/or September start date would work for your current circumstances.
Salary And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered. For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact [email protected]
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business.
To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until 6th March 2022 but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Company: Balfour Beatty plc
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com