Website Balfour Beatty plc
This listing is about Balfour Beatty plc in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Pre-Construction Manager (Civils) to join our team in the North West.
We can be flexible with base location, however you will need to commute to sites as required.
To lead, manage and co-ordinate all aspects of either direct award or tender opportunities, focussing on the conversion of Pre-Construction contracts into delivery agreements in line with customer and business requirements. A significant part of the role is to manage teams and provide support and mentorship to more junior team members, supporting the development of individuals and the creation of high performing teams.
Key aspects of the role include;
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and pre-construction teams
- Undertake the role of Sales Lead on opportunities, working with discipline leads and senior leaders to ensure all pre-construction deliverables are completed in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any time upto a typical portfolio value of £100m
- Oversight of the Balfour Beatty governance process and sign-off in accordance with the delegated Levels of Authority
- The project management of the Pre-Construction deliverables including the oversight of design, commercial, risk, estimating, production, planning and procurement
- Regular reporting of progress updates to both the client and Balfour Beatty, including the implementation of incentives for programme betterment where applicable
- Decisions on major supply chain partners
- Liaison with supply chain members to formulate aspects of the tender
- Written technical, legal and financial contributions
- Document control and register of clarification responses
- Decision on consultant selection and scopes of services
- Develop technological solutions for the bid via BIM and submissions technology
- Have full knowledge of the tender requirements, ensuring compliance in all respects of bid / tender deliverables
- Be aware of company best practice and innovation within bids and tenders across the business stream
- Liaise with co-sponsors and internal bid steering committee for large and multiple bids, including preparation of Gate papers
- Lead the presentation of Tender Settlement meetings for large and multiple bids and obtain approvals
- Seek to understand, lead the development of and implement the appropriate digital toolsets to
- The formulation and delivery of bid / pre-construction strategies to secure profitable orders (to achieve bid targets as required by the business)
- The delivery of all contractual requirements under pre-construction agreements (where applicable)
- Form and maintain relationships with customers or their representatives to develop clear understanding of requirements
- Responsible for the establishment, management and maintenance of the approved bid budget
- Lead the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Lead the ECI (Pre-Construction) stage of 2-stage tenders
- Attendance at key customer meetings and industry events (e.g. bidder open days)
- Previous experience of managing bids and/or pre-construction within the civil engineering and/or construction sectors
- Project Management experience
- Good understanding of estimating and planning experience
- Good construction methodology, planning and commercial acumen
- Tier 1 Main Contractor experience
- Strong Civil Engineering background
- Knowledge of construction and civil engineering frameworks
- Construction or civil engineering qualifications and/or membership (e.g. CIOB, RICS, ICE, ICES)
Why Work For Us?
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from 50,000 schemes to 100 million plus major projects.
Balfour Beatty’s Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions. With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations. From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the world’s most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
Company: Balfour Beatty plc
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org