Website Balfour Beatty plc
This listing is about Balfour Beatty plc in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Our projects are more than just your opportunity to make your mark. They’re an opportunity to stretch, test and develop your expertise. Join our Major Projects team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor on the Hinckley Point C project and you’ll deliver complex work that really matters to our business, and the world around you.
- An experienced QS who has a track record in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- Minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Typically will be a Chartered Member of the RICS, ICES or CIOB.
- Experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Prepares Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
- Assists with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes
- Monitors subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately
- Analyses the commercial progress and report to senior project staff
- Undertakes constructability analyses using construction programmes
- Prepares procurement programme and helps develop the strategy
- Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims when required
- Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation
- Manages HR/People aspects for direct and indirect reports (PDRs etc)
- Produces plans for team to achieve goals / aspirations incl professional mentoring
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following:
- BSc or MSc in quantity surveying or experience equivalent
- Substantial experience in quantity surveyor
- NEC contract experience
- Civils experience would be advantageous
- Cost verification and management experience
- Working in a highly regulated environment
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards)
- Good communicator
- Stakeholder management
- Applies organisational aims & objectives
- Identifies with the customer needs
- Recognises opportunities & threats
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Major Projects have delivered some of the UK’s most complex and iconic infrastructure projects, including Blackfriars Station, the Olympic Aquatics Centre and the Olympic Stadium transformation. We have the proven expertise to deliver large-scale projects safely and successfully, from consultancy and design, to all aspects of construction and maintenance. Through our expert capability, we work closely with clients to use the latest technology, machinery and innovative solutions to meet their engineering and construction needs.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Company: Balfour Beatty plc
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com