Website Bechtel Corporation
This listing is about Bechtel Corporation in Sellafield, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
The PFCS Project
Bechtel Cavendish Nuclear Solutions (BCNS) is a joint venture between Bechtel Ltd and Cavendish Nuclear Ltd, working since 2011 to deliver the Pile Fuel Cladding Silo Retrievals (PFCS) Project alongside and on behalf of the client; Sellafield Ltd.
The Pile Fuel Cladding Silo is a Legacy and Pond Silo facility. As part of the client’s hazard and risk reduction programme, the PFCS project was tasked to successfully deliver plant and equipment capable of accessing the historic waste, removing it and transferring it into containers for safe interim storage. Using a ‘fit for purpose’ model and operating in close collaboration with Sellafield Ltd, a solution was delivered that met the functional requirements by the most efficient means.
The first phase of the project (known as Retrievals Access Penetrations and Silo Doors) prepared the silo for retrievals by cutting access holes into each compartment and sealing them with high-precision doors. This was delivered on time, within cost and to exacting quality standards. The second phase (known as Early Retrievals) designed, fabricated, installed on the silo and commissioned the first set of retrievals equipment, ready to begin retrieving waste. In addition, a second retrievals plant was produced to act as a full-scale training rig, based at Rosyth Dockyard where it was installed on a mock-up of the silo. The Early Retrievals project was successfully completed in June 2019; a staggering 3 years ahead of the initial schedule and with a cost saving in excess of £400m against the previous scheme.
The contract is now in the third phase (Full Retrievals), which involves further modifications to the silo to enable the eventual installation of the second set of retrievals equipment (currently sitting at Rosyth), along with various productivity enhancements to the existing equipment. This work is likely to continue at least into 2023.
The PFCS Project is currently inviting applications for a Mechanical Commissioning Engineer to join the team.
The role will be based initially at Rosyth in support of integrated testing and training, and then Sellafield site. Travel in support of works testing across the UK, and Warrington head office may also be required. During the current global pandemic working from home may be required.
Site-based personnel usually work compressed hours Mon-Thu. Flexible working arrangements will be considered. Various shift patterns may be required to support project delivery.
Commissioning Engineers will report to the Lead Engineer of their discipline. They will produce commissioning test documents in accordance with the agreed procedures and will lead a team of technicians in the execution, documentation and review of commissioning tests and the results generated.
Key Result Areas
- Supervision of the Commissioning technicians under their direct responsibility.
- Adherence to the agreed Commissioning Quality Management System and ensuring that the commissioning team members correctly apply procedures, codes and standards to commissioning activities.
- Interface with the Client team and other project disciplines (Design Engineering, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Construction, Operations and Maintenance)
- Functional inputs to Commissioning Deliverables.
- Day to day progress monitoring and reporting.
- Input to, production and checking of Commissioning Documentation (including Test Documentation, Commissioning Reports).
- Assisting the Commissioning Team Leader in the identification of the Factory Testing (FAT) requirements – approval of vendor test documentation, witnessing of vendor testing, approval of vendor test results where required.
- Responsible for production and checking of the Commissioning Test Documentation.
- Ensuring that all mandatory test pre-requisites are in place
- Carry out Risk Assessment and produce Safe Systems of Work
- Responsible for the execution of commissioning tests to schedule.
- Responsible for the satisfactory completion of all commissioning execution records and results and control of all raw data associated with the tests they carry out.
- Review and support to acceptance of completed test records.
- Input to the compilation and review of Commissioning LTR packages. Provision of discipline specific subject matter expertise.
- Day to Day planning of commissioning execution activities.
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Recognised qualification in a related engineering/scientific subject.
- Commissioning experience working on a Nuclear Licensed Site (preferably Sellafield) or a similar highly regulated industry.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable experience of previous commissioning documentation production
- Demonstrable experience across a range of Commissioning projects, topics and processes including nuclear projects.
- High degree of PC literacy (Microsoft Office applications).
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria, UK and Rosyth, UK
Security Clearance: Must hold or be able to obtain SC clearance as a minimum
Other Requirements: Authorisation to work in the UK without employer sponsorship, ability to pass background checks and drug and alcohol testing
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
- Flexible Working
- Private Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance Program
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Job Location: Sellafield, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org