Website Bechtel Corporation
This listing is about Bechtel Corporation in Sellafield, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Requisition ID: 249454
Requisition Posting End Date:
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
The PFCS Project
Bechtel Cavendish Nuclear Solutions (BCNS) is a joint venture between Bechtel Ltd and Cavendish Nuclear Ltd, working to deliver the Pile Fuel Cladding Silo Retrievals (PFCS) Project alongside and on behalf of the client; Sellafield Ltd.
The Pile Fuel Cladding Silo is a Legacy and Pond Silo facility. As part of the client’s hazard and risk reduction programme, the PFCS project is tasked with safely retrieving the waste contained in the silo and storing it in compact units, involving the detail design, procurement, manufacture, works testing, delivery to site, installation and commissioning of silo doors and retrieval and waste handling modules, together with a hole cutting system.
The PFCS Project currently seeks a Field Engineer to join the team. This role will report to the BCNS Site Manager. They will oversee the work performed by subcontractor team and interface with management and engineers in the Engineering office
The role will be based primarily at Sellafield site. Occasional travel to Rosyth and the Engineering office (currently Warrington) in support of Construction activities may also be required.
- In coordination with other BCNS construction engineers and superintendents, they:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on‑site.
- Administers assigned subcontracts.
- Coordinates with the appropriate site management on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinates with Engineering and Construction Coordinators on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Determines that vendors’ bids for material and/or equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- If subordinate personnel are assigned, responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers and input to performance reviews.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Demonstrated experience as construction engineer engaged in heavy industrial construction and decommissioning
- Demonstrated experience in a nuclear safety culture
- IOSH Working Safely or IOSH Managing Safely or CCNSG Safety Passport
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements. General awareness of environmental laws.
- Awareness of government compliance standards.
- Knowledge of industry “Zero Accidents” safety programs
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- General awareness of local labor laws and issues.
- General knowledge of state, federal and local contracting requirements.
- Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Previous Sellafield site experience
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Sellafield SQEP to deploy
- CSCS Affiliated cards
- SC Clearance
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Job Location: Sellafield, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com