Website Bents Garden & Home
This listing is about Bents Garden Home in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are recruiting for a General Assistant to join our Garden Care Retail Team at Bents!
Do you get excited by retail and have a passion for gardening? Then this is the job for you!
What is the role?
We are looking for a General Assistant to join us to provide exceptional world class experiences whilst shopping in your department. Whether supporting a customer with their purchase, operating your till, putting stock out on displays or helping out your team with a delivery, you will be at the heart of a busy Retail team.
Your daily role will include;
- Advising customers on gardening products/chemicals.
- Ensuring customers are greeted and offered assistance in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintaining a good, upto-date knowledge of all departmental and surrounding departments products.
- Collecting stock from the warehouse, following effective stock rotation management and replenish stock as required.
- Advising and supporting customers with their purchases to maximise sales.
- Striving at all times to satisfy and exceed customer expectations.
- Merchandising product ranges to create the WOW factor.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be looking for an opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment with an extensive range of products and you’ll have an enthusiastic and friendly, approachable customer focused personality.
- Knowledge of sundries/horticulture is desirable.
- Experience of working in a retail, customer facing role is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role showing strong merchandising skills is preferred.
- Shows the ability to work at pace and under pressure.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a large team and be proactive.
- Has a customer service focused mentality and shows good communication skills.
Other role details:
- This is a part time role offering 24hours, working days will include weekdays, evenings and weekend work. A flexible approach is required.
- The role is on a permanent basis.
- Shifts can start from 8.30am and can finish at 8pm.
Who are Bents?
We are a family-run business with a reputation for quality, experience and innovation; selling everything for your Garden & Home whilst having Dining Facilities catering for over 1000 seats.
We have always been a business which has followed its passions, taken chances and strived to innovate, which is how it all began in 1937. Passion, experience and an understanding of quality and exclusive living have earned our family-run business a reputation for quality, experience and innovation. You can really feel valued and part of the family from the day that you join.
Why work for us?
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service.
- Free onsite parking.
- Colleague discount from the day you join along with Family & Friends discount days.
- Long service awards.
- Birthday leave.
- Company pension scheme.
- Colleague recognition schemes.
- Free colleague & family events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Onsite Colleague Bistro and excellent colleague facilities.
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- Training and development opportunities.
Plus much more!
Company: Bents Garden & Home
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A