Website Bents Garden & Home
This listing is about Bents Garden Home in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are recruiting for a Plant Nursery Assistant to join our Horticulture Team at Bents!
Do you have a passion for growing and nurturing plants? Then this is the job for you!
What is the role?
We are looking for a Plant Nursery Assistant to join our Nursery team, where we grow over 60% of the plants sold onsite. Whether planting a seed or root stock, nurturing the growth of our plants, planting up our stock or supporting your team, you will be at the heart of a busy Nursery team.
Your daily role will include;
- Transplanting seeds into pots,
- Potting of herbaceous plants,
- Labelling of pots,
- Working towards targets and growing great plants,
- Maintaining housekeeping standards of your work area/bench,
- Preparing and packing plants on cages/trolleys for transportation over to the Garden Centre,
- Watering of plants,
- General care of the Nursery environment,
- Working as part of a fast-paced team at our onsite nursery, which can include working outdoors.
Our ideal Plant Nursery Assistant will have the below skills and experience;
You’ll be looking for an opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment with a passion for plants.
- You will have basic horticulture knowledge or have an keen interest in plants or gardening
- Someone with high energy
- Ability to work alone and remain motivated whilst in completing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of the production team
- Previous experience of working in a factory or fresh produce environment
- Someone who enjoys and can work in a methodical way
- Experience in propagation, plant identification, potting and watering is desirable
Other details of the Plant Nursery Assistant role;
- There are two roles available offering either 20hours or full time 40hours, working hours will include weekdays, evenings and weekend work. A flexible approach is required.
- This role is on a fixed term basis until September 2022 – proposed start date beginning of March 2022.
- The role meets National Minimum and Living Wages.
Who are Bents?
We are a family-run business with a reputation for quality, experience and innovation; selling everything for your Garden & Home whilst having Dining Facilities catering for over 1000 seats.
We have always been a business which has followed its passions, taken chances and strived to innovate, which is how it all began in 1937. Passion, experience and an understanding of quality and exclusive living have earned our family-run business a reputation for quality, experience and innovation. You can really feel valued and part of the family from the day that you join.
Why work for us?
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service
- Free onsite parking
- Colleague discount from the day you join along with Family & Friends discount days
- Long service awards
- Birthday leave
- Company pension scheme
- Colleague recognition schemes
- Free colleague & family events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite Colleague Bistro and excellent colleague facilities
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Training and development opportunities
Plus much more!
If you’d like to join our team as our new Plant Nursery Assistant then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Plant Area, Nursery, Horticulture
Warrington, Leigh, Wigan, Glazebury, Culcheth, Golborne, Lowton, Manchester.
Company: Bents Garden & Home
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org