This Job Listing is about Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board in Denbigh,Wales,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> Detailed Job Description And Main Responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click “Apply now” to view in Trac
Exercise autonomous professional responsibility and be legally responsible/accountable for own professional practice.
Main duties of the job
We are a very friendly and supportive environment in which supervision and CPD are highly valued, as is peer support and supervision. We have an excellent relationship with North Wales Clinical Psychology Programme and provide teaching / placements on an ongoing basis.
The post is a temporary Band 7 post.
This post is fixed term for 12 months to meet the needs of the service.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply
To work in the UK, all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship to obtain either a , unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply should self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship by visiting
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable-->
- Provide specialised psychological assessments.
- Analyse, interpret and integrate complex assessment information.
- Formulate plans for psychological therapy based on hypotheses derived from psychological theory and evidence-based practice.
- Implement a range of specialised psychological interventions.
- Systematically adjust and refine psychological formulations/therapy options to maximise therapeutic intervention effectiveness.
- Provide psychological advice/consultation to multi-disciplinary team colleagues.
- Undertake risk assessment/management for individual clients. Provide case-related advice to colleagues on psychological aspects of risk assessment/management.
- Act as care-co-ordinator as appropriate.
- In highly sensitive clinical situations, discuss complicated information regarding assessment, formulation and therapy with complex clients.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional practice through participation in CPD activities.
- Contribute to best practice in psychology by continuing to develop reflexiveeflective scientist-practitioner skills.
- Take part in regular professional supervision/appraisal.
- Maintain active engagement with current developments in clinical psychology and related disciplines.
- Maintain contemporaneous knowledge of legislation, policy and specific client group/mental health related issues