This listing is about Bilfinger in Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Miscellaneous Items Piping Designer
Bilfinger is an international supplier of industrial- and engineering services within several disciplines and in various markets. We have over 30,000 employees on a global basis. Our group, Bilfinger SE, is located with headquarters in Mannheim, Germany. In the Nordic region, we are represented in Norway, Sweden and Finland, and have over 3,500 employees in various projects for exciting customers, onshore and offshore.
We cover the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, production, assembly, maintenance, audits – but also environmental technology and digital applications. At Bilfinger, we are committed to creating value and continuously working on improvements together with our customers. Focus on health, safety and the environment are an important part of our deliveries and also what makes us competitive.
Our values are We Create, We Care, We Can, and we are looking for candidates who can identify with these, as well as contribute to the further development of Bilfinger in the Nordic region. By becoming part of #TeamBilfinger, you will have the opportunity to work with skilled and committed colleagues, exciting customers in various markets, while at the same time acquiring professional and personal development.
The Bilfinger Engineering Division is growing fast and we need talent like you! These exciting new positions are important to our growth strategy of providing high-quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
As a key member of the Bilfinger UK Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and groundbreaking EPC projects in the UK. You will be part of the global Bilfinger engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
Join us, to make Engineering work!
- Supporting the Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the production of the Mechanical and Piping (M&P) designs for special piping items
- The project is for fabrication/procurement information design within the nuclear new build sector for a Greenfield UK based project.
- Responsible for carrying out all design activities using your own initiative to the agreed timescales and budget
- May be asked to participate in internal and external design reviews
- Depending on size and complexity, you may be the responsible M&P designer for the project
- Should be able to identify changes to the design scope and report the changes to the Lead Engineer, providing support to the management of change process
- Responsible for driving quality in all Engineering designs which can include dependant on experience, the checking of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
- Previous experience as an M&P designer, in single discipline and multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in the process plant sector
- Sound knowledge of M&P engineering and design, particularly producing fabrication level information
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
- Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is approved by the Project Design Lead
- You liaise and work closely with your project team to ensure you are working on the correct deliverables. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- Experienced with the main M&P design packages including AutoCAD, Navisworks and all Microsoft office packages
- Able to use PDMS to extract the necessary information, in particular,material take-offs and component details.
- Experience in using Solidworks (Preferred)
- Sound understanding of the current British / European Standards as well as international standards such as ASME, in particular BS EN 1348
Engineering & Consultancy | Bilfinger UK Limited | Temporary | Associate’s degree | Engineering – Mechanical/Piping Systems [email protected]
Job Segment: Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Consulting, Quality Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Job Location: Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org