This listing is about Bilfinger in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Mechanical and Piping Designer
Bilfinger UK is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
The Bilfinger Engineering Division is growing fast and we need talent like you! These exciting new positions are important to our growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
As a key member of the Bilfinger UK Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and if you join us, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global Bilfinger engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
This role can be located at either our Warrington or Middlesbrough offices. For further details, please contact a member of the recruitment team on 01224 246246.
If you perform, then we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home. Join us, to make Engineering work!
- Supporting the Project Design Lead, you are responsible for the production of the Mechanical and Piping (M&P) designs within single discipline, multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield.
- You are responsible to carry out all design activities using your own initiative to the agreed timescales and budget
- You may be asked to participate in internal and external design reviews supporting the Project Design Lead & Engineering Project Manager
- You are able to interpret Engineering line diagrams and develop them into Engineering designs
- Depending on size and complexity you may be the responsible M&P designer for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
- You should be able to identify changes to the design scope and report the changes to the Project Design Lead & Engineering Project Manager, providing support to the management of change process
- You are responsible for driving quality in all Engineering designs which can include dependant on experience, the checking of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you
- Experience as an M&P designer, in single discipline and multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
- Deep knowledge of Plant 3D or similar and capable of carrying designs using the software without supervision
- Sound knowledge of M&P engineering and design, whilst also having a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (Instrumentation, Civil / Structural, and Process)
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
- Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Plant 3D Administrator (Preferred)
- Produce and develop design deliverables including: 3D models, GA drawings, Piping Isometrics (Fabrication & Destruction), and relevant schedules
- You should be able to assist where applicable in the delivery of site surveys of existing assets, including the production of site survey reports.
- Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is approved by the Project Design Lead
- You liaise and work closely with your project team to ensure you are working on the correct deliverables. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- Experienced with the main M&P design packages including AutoCAD3D, Navisworks and all Microsoft office packages
- Experienced with Intelligent design software such as AutoCAD Plant3D, or PDMS / E3D.
- Assist the Engineers with the selection of mechanical equipment including but not limited to valves, strainers, pumps and piping
- Sound understanding of the current British / European Standards as well as international standards such as ASME
- Are you already an experienced designer? Then you have pleasure in teaching and coaching the young generation M&P designers
We like to meet you
Are you interested in this position, and do you have this profile? Then we are very interested to meet you, and we invite you to apply.
Our selection process consists of two interviews that can take place within two weeks. If you are still interested and we are still interested after the two interviews, then you will received a job offer, and then we hope to welcome you very soon at Bilfinger UK.
Engineering Management Team Bilfinger UK
If you would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team please call 01224 246246
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Nuclear Engineering, Fabrication, Quality Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com