This listing is about Bilfinger in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Lead Engineer Mechanical & Piping
Location: Warrington or Middlesbrough
Bilfinger UK is a leading provider of engineering, automation and maintenance, modifications and operations services to industrial clients across the oil & gas, energy & power, nuclear and chemical/pharmaceutical sectors. Our skilled workforce provides unified, multidisciplinary support through the life-span of an asset – including design and build, automated control systems and operations and maintenance – driving efficiencies and reducing costs.
The Bilfinger Engineering Division is growing fast and we need talent like you! These exciting new positions are important to our growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
As a key member of the Bilfinger UK Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and if you join us, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global Bilfinger engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad. This role can be located at either our Warrington or Middlesbrough offices. For further details, please contact a member of the recruitment team on 01224 246246.
If you perform, then we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home and part time working
Join us, to make Engineering work!
- Together with your team of engineers and designers you are responsible for the Mechanical and Piping (M&P) design within multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield. This size of the M&P design will be typically up to 7,500 hrs.
- You are responsible to manage and complete the M&P design within budget and planning. This includes change control and consistency of the M&P design with the other disciplines
- You are responsible for the quality of the M&P design
- You will participate in internal and external design reviews and you are responsible for the design acceptance by the client
- Depending on size and complexity you may be Lead Engineer M&P for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
- Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within M&P Engineering
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience as Lead / Senior Engineer M&P, in multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
- Deep knowledge of M&P engineering and design, but you also have a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (Automation, Civil, Structural, EC&I and Process)
- MEng / BEng / HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
- Experienced with the production of mechanical specifications, scopes of work, calculations, drawings and schedules
- Experience with the application of piping design codes to ASME and BS EN standards
- You are able to develop piping systems complying with PED requirements
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is accepted by the client, you delivered top quality and the client is very satisfied with the performance of you and your team
- You plan and organise your activities before you allow your team to start spending hours. You understand the dependencies of the engineering activities within the M&P discipline, but also the dependencies between M&P and the other disciplines. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- Have an appreciation with the main M&P design packages including, AutoCAD, Plant3D, E3D, Caesar II
- You delegate to your team, but at the same time you know exactly what is going on in your M&P discipline, and intervene if required
- You implement a solid change control procedure for your team, and you can convince the client of the budget and planning consequences of changes
- You can lead and motivate your team so that they achieve the targets, also in case of setbacks
- You can develop and effectively present design packages to the client, ensuring it meets the scope of the job
- You are able to chair design review meetings
- Are you already an experienced Lead engineer? Then you have pleasure in teaching and coaching the young generation M&P engineers and designers
Are you interested in this position, and do you have this profile? Then we are very interested to meet you, and we invite you to apply.
Our selection process consists of two interviews that can take place within two weeks. If you are still interested and we are still interested after the two interviews, then you will received a job offer, and then we hope to welcome you very soon at Bilfinger UK.
If you are applying for a non trade position please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. If you are applying for a trade position, please contact our recruitment team by telephone on 01224 246 124 / 01224 246 148.
Engineering & Consultancy | Bilfinger UK Limited | Temporary | White-collar workers | Professional | Engineering – Mechanical/Static
Job Segment: Engineering Manager, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Engineering, Energy
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org