This listing is about Bilfinger in Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
About the job
BNI Spooling Piping Designer
Bilfinger UK is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs. We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
The Bilfinger Engineering Division is growing fast and we need talent like you! These exciting new positions are important to our growth strategy of providing high-quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
As a key member of the Bilfinger UK Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and groundbreaking EPC projects in the UK. You will be part of the global Bilfinger engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
Join us, to make Engineering work!
- Supporting the Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the production of the Mechanical and Piping (M&P) designs for spooling of existing piping design
- The project is for fabrication of pipework within the nuclear new build sector for a Greenfield UK based project.
- Responsible for carrying out all design activities using your own initiative to the agreed timescales and budget
- May be asked to participate in internal and external design reviews
- Depending on size and complexity, you may be the responsible M&P designer for the project
- Should be able to identify changes to the design scope and report the changes to the Lead Engineer, providing support to the management of change process
- Responsible for driving quality in all Engineering designs which can include dependant on experience, the checking of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
- Previous experience as an M&P designer, in single discipline and multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in the process plant sector
- Sound knowledge of M&P engineering and design, particularly producing fabrication level information
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
- Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is approved by the Project Design Lead
- You liaise and work closely with your project team to ensure you are working on the correct deliverables. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- Experienced with the main M&P design packages including AutoCAD, Navisworks and all Microsoft office packages
- Able to use Navisworks to extract information to support production of spooling design packages
- Sound understanding of the current British / European Standards as well as international standards such as ASME, in particular BS EN 1348
If you wish to speak to a member of the recruitment team, please contact 01224 246246.
Engineering & Consultancy | Bilfinger UK Limited | Temporary | White-collar workers | Associate’s degree | Engineering – Mechanical/Piping Systems [email protected]
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Nuclear Engineering, Fabrication, Nuclear, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing, Energy
Job Location: Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org