This listing is about Bilfinger in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Civil and Structural Designer
Bilfinger UK is a leading provider of engineering, automation and maintenance, modifications and operations services to industrial clients across the oil & gas, energy & power, nuclear and chemical/pharmaceutical sectors. Our skilled workforce provides unified, multidisciplinary support through the life-span of an asset – including design and build, automated control systems and operations and maintenance – driving efficiencies and reducing costs.
The Bilfinger Engineering Division is growing fast and we need talent like you! These exciting new positions are important to our growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
As a key member of the Bilfinger UK Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and if you join us, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global Bilfinger engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
If you perform, then we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home and part time working
Join us, to make Engineering work!
- Supporting the Project Design Lead / Lead Civil and Structural Engineer, you are responsible for the production of the Civil and Structural (C&S) designs within single discipline, multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield.
- You are responsible to carry out all design activities using your own initiative to the agreed timescales and budget
- You may be asked to participate in internal and external design reviews supporting the Project Design Lead & Lead Civil and Structural Engineer
- You are able to interpret general arrangement drawings, scopes of work and develop them into Engineering designs
- Depending on size and complexity you may be the responsible C&S designer for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
- You should be able to identify changes to the design scope and report the changes to the Project Design Lead & Lead Civil and Structural Engineer, providing support to the management of change process
- You are responsible for driving quality in all Engineering designs which can include dependant on experience, the checking of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
Experience & Qualifications
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you
- Experience as an C&S designer, in single discipline and multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
- Deep knowledge of AutoCAD and Plant 3D or similar and capable of carrying designs using the software without supervision
- Sound knowledge of C&S engineering and design, whilst also having a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (EC&I, Mechanical, Piping, and Process)
- HNC / HND in Civil / Structural Engineering (Preferred)
- Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Produce and develop design deliverables including: 3D models, GA drawings, Steel Detailing, Reinforced Concrete + Bar, Foundation designs, and relevant schedules
- Experience with temporary works designs (Preferred)
- You should be able to assist where applicable in the delivery of site surveys of existing assets, including the production of site survey reports.
- Experienced with laser scanning and the production of detailed models from the scans
- Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is approved by the Project Design Lead
- You liaise and work closely with your project team to ensure you are working on the correct deliverables. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- Experienced with the main C&S design packages including AutoCAD 3D, AutoCAD Revit, Navisworks and all Microsoft office packages
- Assist the Engineers with the production of design deliverables
- Sound understanding of the current British / European Standards as well as Eurocodes and EN1090 etc.
- Are you already an experienced designer? Then you have pleasure in teaching and coaching the young generation C&S designers
If you are applying for a non trade position please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. If you are applying for a trade position, please contact our recruitment team by telephone on 01224 246 124 / 01224 246 148.
Engineering & Consultancy | Bilfinger UK Limited | Permanent | White-collar workers | Professional | Engineering – Civil
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Quality Engineer, Engineering, Energy
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com