Website Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
This listing is about Birmingham Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Closing Date: 27/01/2022
Technology will be critical in the delivery of a highly successful Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games. The Technology department will be responsible for undertaking the planning, development, implementation, testing and operation of all technology systems and services which are required to support the Commonwealth Games.
We are looking for a number of Technology Project Managers to be responsible for planning, deploying, and project managing all aspects of Technology for an assigned Birmingham 2022 venue. With over 20 venues at Birmingham 2022, the Venue Technology Team are looking for a variety of strong IT/Technology Project Managers with a passion for sport and the Commonwealth Games. Candidates should have proven project delivery experience, knowledge of how to manage third party suppliers and excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate relationship building with high profile client groups.
- Lead the overall planning, design, delivery, implementation, testing, operation, decommissioning and reinstatement of all technology services and solutions required at their assigned competition or non-competition venue(s).
- Contribute to the detailed venue design and overlay planning process for their venue(s), ensuring that the technical and operational spaces, power, HVAC, containment and structures required by Technology are incorporated into venue designs.
- Actively participate in venue operational planning and technology allocation design sessions with other functional areas to record their technology requirements and create space layouts, ensuring that they can be delivered within the constraints of the project.
- Develop effective working relationships with incumbent venue teams, the venue overlay team, venue general managers, sport competition managers and other key venue stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Technology partners & suppliers, other functional areas and incumbent venue teams to maintain a detailed installation schedule for their assigned venue(s), identifying priorities and ensuring that they are understood by all stakeholders.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven project delivery experience within a variety of technology projects.
- Line/matrix management of project teams consisting of permanent, contract or volunteer staff.
- Sound understanding of IT and/or telecommunications.
- Experience of delivering production IT services to SLAs/OLAs within a high availability environment.
- Experience of managing third-party suppliers in a multi-vendor environment.
Please note, we are open to secondment opportunities for these vacancies.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until August 2022
Salary: £38,000 – £40,000 per annum, pro rata
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2JB
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles “FREDIE” (Fairness – Respect – Equality – Diversity – Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
Advertising Date: 13/01/2022
Company: Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
Job Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com