Website Crown Agents
This job listing is about Crown Agents in Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Boma Health Initiative (BHI) officer will play a critical role in leading the expansion of the Boma Health initiative into the identified priority counties with high zero-dose children below one year. He/she will provide technical support to implementing partners to successfully roll out of the BHI programme within the 5km radius of the health facilities, providing oversight on the quality of training delivered and the subsequent services delivered to communities. He/she will be responsible for assessing the performance of the intervention through robust data analysis and supportive supervision visits to programme implementation sites.
This position will work closely with the Crown Agent’s Community Health Manager, Immunization Manager and Expanded Programme for Immunization (EPI) technical team.
Engagement at MoH level
- Support in revision of BHI strategy to include demand generation approaches geared towards demand for immunization
- Participate in revision of BHI tools to include key BHI-EPI indicators and ensure it is entered in DHIS2 and monitor performance
- Collaborate with other national stakeholders in charge of harmonising risk communication and community engagement (RCCE)/ demand generation and EPI activities and adapt and share activities/information and tools with the States and counties.
- Attend relevant technical working groups to ensure key policy frameworks and strategies take into account the needs of the women, girls and excluded groups.
- Strengthen the capacity of Ministry of Health and national and sub-national for BHI & EPI to integrate BHI and EPI activities for sustainability, as required and based on jointly identified need.
Implementing partner support
- Expand support given across the high zero-dose counties to strengthen integration between the BHI and immunization service delivery at health facilities, with a focus on identifying and reaching zero dose children.
- Review partner workplans and manage activity budgets and track expenditure against activity progress
- Provide capacity building for BHI county officers through continuous mentorships and supportive supervision visits
- Monitor and quality control the trainings and onboardings of BHWsWith selected partners, pilot tracking of defaulters/ zero dose children who received immunisation after strengthen feedback mechanism and plan to scale up across 20 high zero-dose counties
- Work with implementing partners to increase health promotion and awareness relating to immunisation and immunization services
Monitoring and reporting
- In collaboration with the EPI team and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), set targets and monitor implementing partner data and performance
- Regularly provide the data tools and registers to the implementing partners
- In collaboration with the MoH-M&E, review partners’ performance on selected BHI/EPI indicators and provide the necessary support to improve performance
- Contribute to programme reporting requirements such as monthly, quarterly and annual narrative reports.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision for BHI officers and provide on the job training
- Facilitate regular sharing and documentation of good practices across IPs and other development partners
- At least a postgraduate degree in Public Health or in any other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the implementation of community health interventions. Experience with direct implementation of the Boma Health Initiative in South Sudan, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of immunization service delivery and experience working on expanded immunization programmes, preferred
- Experience of working with National Ministry of health, State and county
- Demonstrable technical expertise and deep knowledge of health sector in South Sudan
- Ability to lead but also work well with diverse team members, NGOs and government and other stakeholders
- Willingness to work in hard-to-reach areas and travel to health facilities
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Previous working experience in Community engagement in South Sudan or other fragile states
- Understanding of routine immunisation and gender and social inclusion issues in the South Sudan context and innovative approaches to community participation and facilitation Experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations
Reporting and communication
This position reports to the Immunisation Team Leader with dotted line to Community Manager
This is a fixed term position until June 2024, with a possibility of contract extension. This is a national position.
Company: Crown Agents
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Application Deadline: N/A