Website Brook Street
This listing is about Brook Street in York, England, United Kingdom
About the job
HMP Full Sutton – Administrator
Location- Full Sutton, Moor Lane, York
Pay- £10.21 Rising to £13.01 after 12 weeks
Monday- Friday- 9am till 5pm
- This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements*
The Role Overview
- Supporting the HM Prisons Asbestos Surveyors in compiling data and production of outcomes.
- Responsible for maintaining administrative processes within specified timescales for their area of work
- Provide administrative support within their team / unit / group.
- Responsibilities include meeting support, collation of routine information, maintenance of databases and ad hoc administrative tasks
- Organisation of meetings / events, distribution of papers, support taking minutes/notes and writing up minutes
- Provides a first line of response to telephone calls to the department and directs callers as appropriate to the relevant member of staff
- Act as first point of contact for general administrative support as and where required. This may involve chasing up outstanding information, updating and closing down cases on the tracking system, retrieving files/ information and interrogating databases to obtain information
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for area of work
- Act as contact point for all communications to the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department
- Prepare paperwork for checking by manager, conducting initial checks as required
- Maintaining, logging and processing documents for the unit within given timeframe
- Monitor the functional mailbox(s) action any issues and where needed log the request in the relevant folder/spreadsheets
- Collate stationary request acting as requisitioner for the group
- Maintain and create relevant databases and ensure they contain accurate data, routinely quality assuring them -this can include restricted or confidential information
Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Tenacity and drive, with a proven ability to resolve problems swiftly and deftly. Ability to exercise significant judgement to analyse situations and develop new approaches, factoring in awareness of the estates strategy, and a thorough understanding of the relevant organisation’s strategy.
- Demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s values and behaviours, equal opportunities and diversity, service regulatory frameworks and requirements, responsibilities under Health and Safety, risk management and security, and
- protection of information
- A practical working knowledge of the use of ITC packages, e.g. MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
We are working very quickly to fill this and arrange interviews so if you are interested in applying, please click apply now!
Company: Brook Street
Job Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org