Teacher Aide – School #84 – Continuous Posting 2022-2023 School Year in Buffalo Public Schools School, Eastern Region, Uganda
Website Buffalo Public Schools
This job listing is about Buffalo Public Schools in School, Eastern Region, Uganda 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ROOM 720 CITY HALL
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
- You must be a City of Buffalo Resident 90 days prior to application****
Continuous Posting for 2021-2022 School Year
POSITION: TEACHER AIDE – SCHOOL #84 (Non-Competitive)
SALARY: $15.60 – $18.09 per hour + Benefits
$23,400 – $27,135 Annual Salary
LOCATION: School #84 Erie County Health Care Center for Children, 462 Grider St.,Buffalo, NY 14215
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
- Teacher aides and assistants will work directly with children, under the direction of the classroom teacher in:
- the areas of self care, feeding, toileting, communication, academics (as planned and monitored by the classroom teacher). You may also be responsible for using proper safety precautions (gloves) to clean up vomit or other toileting accidents.
- pushing wheelchairs and/or assisting walkers to other areas of the building for Art, Physical Education, etc.
- assisting children in Special Area classes, under the direction of the Special Area teacher.
- moving children from sitting positions to floor or mats and back to chairs.
- Teacher aides and assistants will attend therapy sessions to assist/learn how to reinforce programs in the classroom. If the therapy service provider does not wish for you to be present during a therapy session, you must return back to the home base classroom. You will be expected to assist other students in the classroom during this time.
- Teacher aides and assistants will assist children in dressing/undressing during swimming period and will be expected to assist IN the pool. You must be prepared to go swimming every week. This means you must have a bathing suit, towel, etc. in school and ready to use. The physical education/swim instructor(s) will determine what your participation will entail. You must be ready to enter the pool within 10 minutes of the beginning of the swim period.
- Teacher aides and assistants will accompany students on field trips.
- Other duties may be assigned by teacher/therapist/principal depending on additional needs of children within the group.
Additional Classroom Responsibilities
Assists teachers in the direction and control of children in and out of the classroom;
- Supervises and monitors the classroom when the teacher is out of the room;
Relieves teacher of study hall, corridor, lunchroom, playground and other monitorial duties;
- Helps to maintain discipline and structure in the classroom;
- Attends to the physical needs of students;
- Organizes and participates in group games and related activities;
Assists teachers in operating and demonstrating the proper use of vocational tools and equipment;
- Assists with projecting slides, film strips and films, videos, DVD, etc.;
Reads and tell stories to children;
Assists teachers in routine classroom preparation duties such as making student folders, charts, schedules, posters and bulletin boards;
Helps teachers to set-up classroom by distributing and gathering materials and setting-up equipment;
- Makes photocopies of materials for lessons;
- Maintains and files records such as attendance, recording of grades or completion of homework assignments;
Assists in administering tests by distributing and collecting test material, proctoring, scanning test sheets for results, distributes test results to teachers and career advisors;
At the direction of the teacher or principal, contacts parents regarding absences and other student matters;
Performs related duties as required.
Graduation from high school, GED or Equivalency Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and training sufficient to indicate the ability to perform required duties.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: Continuous Posting for 2022-2023 School Year
Chief of Human Resources
Company: Buffalo Public Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: School, Eastern Region, Uganda
Application Deadline: N/A