This listing is about Bupa in Weybridge, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Maintenance Operative *£500 Starter Bonus*
Sutton LodgeCare Home, 87 Oatlands Dr, Weybridge KT13 9LN
It’s the small things that can often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we’re looking for a caring and organised individual to join us as a Maintenance Operative at our Sutton LodgeCare Home in Weybridgeto help us be the positive difference to our resident’s lives.
Working hours and salary
£11.15 – £12.84 per hour
Starter Bonus of £ 500
Full time/part time and bank contracts available.
Flexible working opportunities: From term time only, to set days/hours per week – we can offer a range of shift patterns that best fit around your lifestyle. Just let us know what hours you want, and we’ll work with you to make sure you get the shift patterns that you’re looking for.
Should you be successfully hired in to this role, we are pleased to be able to offer you a one-off Starter Bonus of £ 500 as a thank you for deciding to join Bupa Care Services. The Starter Bonus will be paid to you in the next available pay run once you have completed four weeks’ service and will be subject to deductions for tax and NI. Ts &Cs Apply.
What Your Typical Day Involves
- Carrying out all necessary maintenance and repair tasks to a high standard, in a timely manner, offering value for money.
- Checking all health and safety and compliance checks are carried out; in relation to remedials, Legionella and fire risk assessments, etc.
- Being accountable for safety and cleanliness within the care home and grounds is to the satisfaction of Environmental Health, local Fire Authority requirements and Health & Safety regulations etc.
Who We’re Looking For
A full driving licence is essential for this role.
Friendly and approachable, you’ll have previous experience working in a maintenance role with a good understanding of building services including, heating, hot and cold-water distribution, ventilation, electrical distribution and plumbing. You understand the importance of maintaining high standards – working to statutory requirements and compliance, you’ll ensure our residents enjoy a safe and comfortable environment. Nothing is too much trouble and you’re always happy to help the wider team. You’ll enjoy working with others and you’ll enjoy the little moments with our residents.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
- Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About Our Home
Set in Weybridge, just off Oatlands Drive, Sutton Lodge is a 20 minute walk from Walton on Thames train station and is accessible by bus from Walton and Weybridge stations. The home provides nursing and residential care in a recently refurbished setting. With a real family feel, the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence – organising a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who We Are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
£11.15 – £12.84
Job Location: Weybridge, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org