Website Canon EMEA
This listing is about Canon EMEA in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Canon UK has exciting job opportunities in a number of business areas. We are looking for talented people to join us at an exciting time for our business, as we enter into a period of accelerated growth and development.
Do you have the skills and aptitude we’re looking for? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for an organisation that values your contribution and rewards you accordingly? If the answer is yes, please read on…
- To qualify and lead complex tenders and non-tender pursuits, such as direct awards and proactive proposals with direct and indirect sales teams across our B2B business.
- Lead the project team (physical and/or virtual) and take ownership of solution and strategy design whilst following customer timescales through internal and external best practice processes.
- Deliver winning propositions and ensure our response is of the highest quality and meets and exceeds customer expectations.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Take ownership of the entire bid from start to finish with a strong drive for successful results.
- Work closely with the Bid Commercial Consultants to ensure the response is commercially viable and must clearly articulate the financial benefits to the customer in the response document
- Manage internal and external project teams and communicate with potential customers in a pre-bid engagement (capture planning) scenario to ensure we can positively influence tender requirements and prepare effectively
- Work with the project team post submission in the follow up process and on any presentations and post tender engagement that relates to the tender, up until contract award and internal handover.
- Understand and interpret the customer’s requirements. Translate this into a creative and customised response, using APMP skills and processes.
- Work with internal sales teams to develop and maintain an up to date Tender Wall in company systems, identifying and engaging in will-win opportunities
- Be the single point of contact with customer procurement team during the bid process
- Provide constructive feedback to bid contributors and peers as part of the bid review process
- Work with sales teams and executive sponsors to build retention plans for nominated Customer accounts
- Sales across all UK Business Units, Finance, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Business Operations, HR, EMEA Supporting Team, Global HQ Supporting Team
- Customer, APMP, Suppliers and Contractors
What we ask
- Highly organised individual / effective time manager.
- Ability to review and challenge working procedures on a continuous basis.
- Ability to compile a customer focussed, concise and compelling response
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment at maximum quality
- Coach subject matter experts in bid writing skills and best practice
- Storyboarding techniques with subject matter experts
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods at all levels throughout the business.
- Building productive working relationships with our internal & external customers and being professional in a customer-facing environment.
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals Foundation Level as a minimum
- Experience/prior usage of knowledge management systems is a significant advantage
- Strong English language skills are essential
You will need
As the the Bid Manager you will possess the following skills and expertise
- Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Apply High Standards of Accuracy
- Act as a Team Player
- Create Insight
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
Salary – £40,216 – £42,450 +5% Bonus
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s visionary, innovative and bold. As the world’s best imaging company, we’re living and working together for the common good.
Company: Canon EMEA
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org