This listing is about Capita in Bury St. Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Purpose Of The Role
Cleaning staff will be responsible for providing a daily cleaning service to all areas of the facility. The cleaners will have responsibility for the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Core Custody Areas as well are addressing cleaning issues in all areas of the building as and when required.
To clean all areas as instructed by your line manager within core working hours.
All cleaning staff will be expected to take personal pride in the standards of appearance and associated effectiveness of their specified area to promote the professional image of Norfolk and Suffolk Police Authority.
Cleaning staff will report to the Site Manager who will act under the guidance of the Facilities Manager but will also need to use their own initiative in order to maintain the highest possible standards.
All cleaners will need to be able to work closely as part of a team to provide service which will create the minimum disruption to the operational effectiveness of Norfolk and Suffolk Police Authority.
The general cleaning role includes the requirement to collect and dispose of waste and general rubbish to nominated centralised collection points within the facility.
Service provision should be pro-active so that all necessary requirements are met in good time.
What you’ll be doing:
- General and emergency cleaning, ensuring all specified areas meet the required standards in accordance with their line managers expectations and the agreed service standards.
- To collect all waste and deposit at specified points within the facility boundary.
- To ensure that all cleaning associated equipment is in good working order and in the case of any electrical appliances used, to ensure that they are used only in the manner for which they were designed and in accordance with manufacturer’s procedures.
- To ensure that the standard of cleanliness in toilet areas and welfare areas comply with standard Health & Safety requirements.
- To ensure all necessary supplies such as soap dispensers, towels etc. Are regularly serviced and replaced in accordance with necessary guidelines.
- To ensure all cleaning products and equipment is available and in good order, arranging as necessary for the restocking, maintenance or repair of such consumables and equipment via the Site Manager in a timely and effective manner.
- To report all equipment faults, damage to furniture, light failures, leaking taps etc. to their line manager at the first available opportunity.
- To comply with Norfolk and Suffolk Police Authority and Tascor Services operational procedures including necessary Health and Safety requirements.
- To ensure all supplies are appropriately stored and in compliance to provided procedures and COSHH regulations.
- To aid effective energy consumption within the building by ensuring that all lights are switched off when not required.
- To provide a flexible approach to all duties and carry out occasional alternative tasks as required by their line manager or Facilities Manager
At Tascor Custody & FM, part of Education & Government Services, we’re delivering safe and comfortable working environments. We work for secure criminal justice, immigration and the public sector, and we don’t just look after buildings we take care of every element of facilities management. Join us and discover better as you shape the workspaces of tomorrow
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you
What We Hope You’ll Do Next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Bury St Edmunds
Job Location: Bury St. Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org