Captain – Food & Beverage in Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Malé, Maldives
Website Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
This job listing is about Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in Malé, Maldives 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa is currently looking for Bartender (Captain – F&B) who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating a memorable guest experience. Bartender (Captain – F&B) is part of a diverse and dynamic team which provides award winning service to our valued guests. This position reports to the Director of Restaurant.
A Maldivian work permit will be provided by the resort.
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy “Treat Others as you wish to be treated” and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Due to the importance that we place on our employees’ well-being, The Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings ever since 1998.
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa is a vibrant, garden island favored for its intimacy situated in the North Male Atoll, the resort is a 25 minutes speedboat ride away from Male International Airport. As captivating beneath the waves as above them, we embrace our stunning surroundings to bring you closer to the sea and its secrets. Discover the welcoming embrace of a lagoon, flower gardens, a private spa island and spacious new Beach Pavilion hideaways in a charming village setting, awarded a Five-Star rating by Forbes in 2020
Accolades earned by Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa in past few years:
- FORBES FIVE-STAR AWARD – 2020
- CNN TRAVEL FINEST TABLES IN THE MALDIVES 2019 – Baraabaru restaurant
- TRAVEL+LEISURE – July 2017, USA
- Ranked #13, World’s Best Awards, Top 100 Best Hotels in the World 2018
- BRIDES 2017 – June, 2017, USA
- BRIDES 2017 – Best Honeymoons Award, Top 10 Resorts in Asia, Australia, New Zealand
- BRIDES 2016 – Best Honeymoons Award, Top 10 Resorts in Asia, Australia, New Zealand
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Has 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in 5 star hotelsesorts
- Passed O-levels
- Possesses excellent English, math and psychometric abilities
- Possesses aptitude and upward mobility
- Possesses guest PR skills and personal flair
- Has undergone formal training in wine and food knowledge
Key Elements Of The Job
- Is directly responsible for the day to day key processes in his/her area of work
- Assists his/her supervisor in executing the day to day operational requirements
- Assumes training responsibilities when required; demonstrates a high degree of standards awareness; promotes teamwork and acts as role model
- Attends all scheduled training sessions
- Actively offers operational, employee and customer (internal and external) related feedback to management
- Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule
- Ensures the work area is ready for service with pre- and post service checks completed; assists in preparation of mise-en-place
- Directs colleagues and takes responsibility for quality and sequence of service in his/her work area; takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per hotel standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Is thoroughly familiar with wines and menu items and able to compose and recommend suitable menu progression and wine pairing; upsells sensitively
- Provides genuine hospitality and recognition, acts as host/hostess in the work area. Keeps abreast of events in the hotel and promotes services and products
- Engages in guests interaction in a sensitive and appropriate manner; anticipates guest needs and ascertains satisfaction; takes ownership of guest concerns and requests and acts decisively to ensure guest satisfaction when glitches occur
Specific Responsibilities And Tasks
- Adheres to the hotel’s code of conduct and grooming & hygiene standards
- Is seen as working hands-on, assists colleages in crunch times; Walks the talk
- Actively participates in briefings and meetings
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and promotes a safe working environment
- Performs any additional duties as assigned
- Handles service of large tables, VIPs and private events
- Describes food & beverage menu items with interesting and vivid descriptions in a concise, informative and appropriate manner
- Is highly sensitive to guest preferences; assists in compiling guest history; offers a special service touch when an opportunity is presented
- Accurately posts guest checks, processes payments and adheres to related control procedures in a vigilant manner
- Assists in supplies requisitions according to established procedures
What To Expect From Your Work Place…You Will
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating a memorable experiences for our guest and employees.
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while fulfilling the brand standards of the Four Seasons.
- Have career growth opportunities both within Maldives and worldwide at other Four Seasons properties.
- Be presented with competitive pay scheme along with a fair share of service charge on monthly basis.
- Explore diving and snorkeling activities on the house.
- Earn complimentary rooms nights based on your service period with the Four Seasons.
- Be provided Shared Single furnished accommodation.
- Be provided with meals in Employee Restaurant.
- Have the opportunity of staying fit by using our Employee Gym & outdoor sports facilities.
- Employee Lounge equipped with foosball table, pool table, table tennis, PS5 & TV.
- Free WIFI in employee lounge and living areas.
Company: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malé, Maldives
Application Deadline: N/A