Care Assistant Orthopaedics in Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Website Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
This job listing is about Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust in Gibraltar, Gibraltar 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
As a Frimley Health Care Assistant, you can look forward to a career full of development opportunities and the support from an excellent team of healthcare professionals – freeing up your time to concentrate on the most important priorities. Our Orthopaedic Ward gives you the chance to deliver care you can be proud of!
Please read the information in this job post thoroughly to understand exactly what is expected of potential candidates.
In this exciting acute speciality you can be involved in a range of Orthopaedic conditions, including fractured neck of femurs and spinal injuries – meaning no two days are the same!
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, friendly, reliable and hardworking care assistants to join our team. You will be primarily assisting the nursing team with care of the patients and will facilitate the smooth running of the department. Dementia care also plays a big part of your role and additional training is available.
There is a range of shifts patterns available full / part time and day and night rotations.
You will be primarily assisting the nursing team with care of the patients and will facilitate the smooth running of the department. You need to be driven and prepared to deliver high quality care and attention to detail. In this role you can look forward to a career full of development opportunities and the support from an excellent team of healthcare professionals – working alongside a reliable and friendly team.
You will also have access to a full program of training and development as well as a range of employee benefits.
When joining Frimley Health, we can offer you a supportive working environment as well as training and development to meet your needs. If you have an interest in providing exceptional patient care as well as developing your clinical knowledge and skills then please apply via this vacancy.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals – Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital’s NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.
- To undertake agreed clinical activities including collection of urine and faecal samples, swabs, recording of fluid intake/output, changing of stomas and urine drainage bags, catheter care, recording of pulse/temperature/blood pressure/saturations and MET scoring, and to advise the team nurse of any changes in a patient’s condition.
- To assist patients to eat and drink as required, assisting in menu selection and being aware of special diets and cultural requirements.
- To enable and assist patients to maintain their personal hygiene.
- To contribute to the safe movement of patients, using equipment to mobilise and move patients, after mobility assessment, to ensure patient comfort.
- To answer the ward telephone as required
- To assist with discharge procedures
- To maintain patient records.
- To tidy rooms and bed areas, and to clean and strip beds and remake after patient discharge, dealing with disposal of soiled linen as per policy
- To ensure ward equipment is suitably maintained and cleaned frequently.
For the full list of responsibilities, please see the attached job description.
Company: Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Application Deadline: N/A