GRANTS CONTRACTS AND BUDGET MANAGER in CARE Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
This job listing is about CARE in Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Work Location : Sierra Leone – Freetown Type of Post :
Other Possible Location : Funding :
Expected Travel : Type of Contract : Local
Language Requirement : English Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
CARE seeks a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. CARE places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty. In 2020, CARE worked in 104 countries, reaching 90 million people through more than 1,300 programs, with an annual budget of $650 million. Every single one of those 90 million people has a story of resilience, community, strength, and hope—all things that bind us together, across every corner of the globe.
In Sierra Leone, CARE staff and partners work tirelessly to save lives, address the root causes of poverty and social injustice through advocacy, partnerships, system strengthening and programming in impact areas of Gender Equality, Empowering Women and Girls, Humanitarian Assistance, Right to Food, Nutrition and Water, Right to Health, Women’s Economic Justice and Climate Justice.
In 2021 we celebrated our 60th Anniversary and we are looking forward to serving Sierra Leone for another 60 years and beyond. If you believe in CARE’s mission and vision, and possess the skills listed below then join us in saving lives, empowering women and girls and defeating poverty!
CARE Sierra Leone is seeking a talented visionary to assume the opportunity of Grants, Contracts and Budget Manager. Reporting to the Finance Director, this role will be integral in the Selection & Due Diligence, Contracting, Implementation & Monitoring and Close-Out of all partnership agreements entered into by CARE with our Partners, ensuring maximum compliance by Partners and complying with all donor policies, and reporting requirements.
- Grants and Contracts Management
- Responsible for the management of all donor contracts in the Country Office.
- Management of Sub-Awards
- Lead in the management of all sub-awards in the Country Office and ensure maximum compliance and alignment with CARE’s programming principles, policies and all applicable donor laws, rules and regulations by local implementation Partners.
- Financial Reporting and Quality Review
- Lead the preparation of all financial reports for all Restricted Awards in the Country Office
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Contribution to Proposal Development
- Support the development of budget guidelines and lead the preparation of budgets for new proposal and annual operating budgets for all restricted Awards.
- Staff and Talent management
- Responsible for the supervision and talent development of staff directly reporting to this position (if applicable). Adopt CARE’s Annual Performance Assessment policy and process to include the preparation and monitoring of Annual Performance and Accountability Plans (APAAs) for all staff reporting to this position.
- Possess Financial and Accounting skills.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a professional accounting qualification such as CAT or TDA, supplemented by demonstrated relevant practical accounting/finance experience in relation to the job.
- Bringing with you 4 – 7 years of experience as a Grants, Contracts and Budgets Manager or similar experiences and a thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures, with most of those years working in a non-profit environment.
- Have the facilitation and communication skills needed to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups and be able to convert data to conversation/tell the story.
- Be engaging with the ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities.
- Be agile and adaptable.
- Can quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards Be a problem solver and critical thinker. You must be able to clearly identify and define the different levels of problem solving and resolution.
- Think holistically with a vision and use your analysi and reporting skills Be a leader with influence.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and negotiation skills with internal and external partners with the ability to be a team player.
- Know your systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word and good skills at using financial software applications (PeopleSoft experience will be preferred).
To apply please apply directly to the link or you may send your CV to:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran . If you’d like more information about your
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
Application Deadline: N/A