Website Carrington West
This listing is about Carrington West in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
I’m currently recruiting for a Technical Director for a fast growing consultancy in Edinburgh. After huge levels of growth and expansion over the past 2 years, which has led to 2 further offices and a number of high profile project wins, our clients, a multi-disciplinary award winning consultancy, are looking to add a further expand the capabilities in Scotland
My client are a forward thinking company, who’s culture is built around their staff. If you are looking to work for a company where you are truly valued as an employee, please apply below.
Candidates will be in a similar Technical Director role or be an experienced Associate Director looking to advance their career. Ideal candidates will have in excess of 10 years’ experience in Highway and Civil Engineering design and a wide range of project delivery experience for public and private sector clients. A self-starter, you will be able to deliver and lead projects with minimum supervision, lead teams and demonstrate the ability to support the continued growth of the Region.
You will use your experience and industry knowledge to implement and inform the business unit strategy for growth whilst also leading and developing technical teams. With the ability to communicate effectively with new and existing clients and internal staff you will input into the management and overall direction of the business unit.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Director, develop and implement our strategic plan for the Engineering Service;
- Manage project resources within the business unit, including the supervision and development of multidisciplinary and multi-location teams
- Work together with other directors and account managers to develop new business opportunities;
- Develop and direct business growth initiatives to grow and diversify the Client and service offering;
- Ensure customer satisfaction and develop long-term partnerships;
- Contribute to regional and national level forums within the service and sector areas;
- Ensure compliance with the business unit’s financial and performance targets and indicators through the effective monitoring and leadership of people and projects;
- Contribute to the effective development and management of annual budgets;
- Ensure individuals and teams operate in compliance with relevant industry legislation and design standards, quality management systems and procedures;
- Provide interdisciplinary coordination, determine project needs, and participate in inter-office coordination of other stakeholders on small, medium and large scale projects;
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent;
- Chartered Status with a recognised professional Institution (ICE, CIHT or equivalent)
- Upwards of years’ experience delivering relevant technical and professional services;
- Proven leadership skills, ability to work under pressure, and deliver efficient financial performance;
- Knowledge and experience operating within a matrix model;
- Self-starter with the ability to analyse complex situations, develop options and successfully promote solutions quickly
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Experience developing and leading opportunity pursuits, business and account management and experience establishing and developing Client relationships;
- Knowledge and experience of effective people leadership initiatives including Equality, Inclusion and Diversification
- Demonstrable experience of project management including experience of change management;
- £Negotiable and subject to qualifications and experience
- 27 day’s annual leave + Public Holidays
- Private Health Cover + BUPA
- Continued Professional Development and Training
- Annual Professional Membership
- Flexible Working Environment
- An attractive pension scheme
- Fun and friendly working environment
- Work social functions and events
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company top of their game in the Highways and Transport sector with a strong vision to become a National name in the sector and a defined career path into a TD role.
What You Need To Do Now
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. If you have any questions about the vacancy please click APPLY NOW or contact Zubair Ahmed at Carrington West for more information on 02393 876065.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Zubair at Carrington West on 02393 876065 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
Company: Carrington West
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com