Website Caterpillar Inc.
This listing is about Caterpillar Inc in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Job Title: Supplier Performance Engineer
Salary: £42,000 – £45,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location : Birchwood, Warrington
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 10% Bonus
Contributory pension scheme – Caterpillar will double the employee’s contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme – Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee’s contribution
CAT Advantage High Street Discount App
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar?
With 2020 sales and revenues of $41.7 billion , Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
What do we do?
Perkins Engines Company Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognized as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and end users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins engines to power their world.
At the Peterborough facility we are responsible for the marketing, sales and manufacturing of industrial engines for both the Cat and Perkins brands. Irlam is the home of our Perkins Aftermarket Sales and Marketing team. Wherever you work, together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe.
What experiences can we offer you?
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work. That’s the Power of Everyone.
We have an opening to join our Supplier Performance team, As an SPE within the Perkins Aftermarket team. you will collaborate suppliers to build lean supply chain capability in the areas of material replenishment to Perkins Aftermarket, improved Sales and Operations Planning, high-velocity throughput, optimized logistics and capacity planning.
This is a key role with responsibility to achieve KPI targets across Inventory Level / Turns, point of use material Availability, Supplier Delivery Performance and Supplier Quality (ie: APQP, PPM, PCA)
Job Responsibilities And Duties
- To assist multi-functional project teams, including business division supply chain planning, site global purchasing, operations, receiving, Global Transportation, Demand and Orders, Material Requirements Planning and Logistics.
- Be a champion for lean events and work collaboratively with suppliers and multiple business division functions to address and resolve supplier issues using root cause and corrective action (RCCA).
- Develop supplier value stream maps and to develop supplier plans for every part
- Implement process improvement for material flow and preparing suppliers to respond to pull triggers.
- Manage day-to-day supplier constraints to improve supplier performance and their ability to flexibly and rapidly respond to Perkins Aftermarket requirements.
- Responsible for the work to deploy pull replenishment at supplier facilities, including supplier inventory sizing activities. Perform the Supply Chain Planning Process with suppliers, providing support to project teams,
- Support projects to implement improved supplier collaboration with Perkins Aftermarket and third-party service providers using common collaboration technologies.
- Facilitate supplier interaction with business division packaging and transportation resources to optimize packaging, containerization, point of use presentation, barcode labelling, ASN compliance, enhanced communications related to quality improvements, and improving carrier selection and transportation container optimization.
- Domestic Travel Required (25% – 50% working time), with occasional international travel needed.
Skills And Experience
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Degree Qualified or equivalent role related experience
- Progressive experience within a supply focused role showing capable understanding of supply chain planning, demand and orders, logistics and manufacturing knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Aftermarket principles.
- Expert communicator, capable of building collaborative partnerships to work across internal and external organizations – particularly amongst the supplier communities. Able to maintain poise and self-control in emotive situations.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures, especially those with supplier impact
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Thorough knowledge of Perkins Engines Aftermarket Product
- CIPS Qualification
- Understanding of lean manufacturing techniques
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting. #LI
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Company: Caterpillar Inc.
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A