Website Cavendish Nuclear
This listing is about Cavendish Nuclear in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Safety Case Consultants
All levels of seniority (engineer, senior, principal)
Location flexible (Work From Home)
About The Role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a number of experienced Safety Case Consultants to work within our various contracts. You will join a team that has vast experience in Safety Case Management and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
Cavendish Nuclear are a key player within the Royal Navy’s submarine programme where we provide through life engineering across their assets. Within this role, you will be pivotal in the creation of safety cases on both the vessels and surrounding infrastructure safeguarding our onsite personnel.
As well as working on exciting defence programmes you will have the chance to be a part of the civil nuclear team that support many customers across their new build, engineering services, decommissioning and new nuclear technology programmes.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
You will need to have experience in a safety case related role, ideally in a nuclear environment and have the gravitas to work within a multi-disciplinary team. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
- Where required, providing the nuclear safety input to design projects and bidding
- Develop hazard management strategies
- Author radiological safety assessments, including Hazard Management Strategy, Safety Reports (PSRs and PCSRs etc. and equivalents)
- Producing, and checking calculations, analyses, design basis documentation and technical reports
- Providing formal responses to comments raised at the various approval stages
- Participating in HAZID / HAZOP studies
- Managing delivery for the work undertaken by the Supply Chain as appropriate and maintain an overview of progress against cost and programme, and the management of project risks, for the work undertaken within their agreed remit
- To maintain an overview of technical and safety case strategies being delivered, and the key arguments used, to share ‘best practice’ between projects
- To serve as a Company technical representative in external settings, where required
- Reporting regularly to the Functional Leader
- Undertaking any special duties as may be specified from time to time by the Functional Leader
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK’s leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC, mobile or laptop to create your account and apply for a job.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Company: Cavendish Nuclear
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org