This job listing is about Sparkrock in Germantown, MD 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Are you a high-performing Business Central development professional with a passion for building best-in-class industry-focused products?
Sparkrock helps social benefit organizations like nonprofits, school boards, and government agencies to reach their greatest potential using technology. We help to make these mission-driven organizations more efficient, freeing up their time and resources to focus on the good they want to achieve. Every day nearly 45,000 people use our ERP & CRM products to make the world a better place, and we’re looking to double our impact in the next three years.
At Sparkrock, we provide software to help people that are making a difference in the world. Our foundation is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, which provides a robust, scalable, and powerful ecosystem to build our solutions using the latest in Microsoft 365 technologies.
We are looking for a passionate Chief Architect to drive our product forward and help deliver highly valuable, safe, and secure software to our customers. You will be a key member of our Platform Development team and will be responsible for technical and architectural specifications, creating and maintaining code review guidelines, and coding prototypes and complex requirements. You will work closely with the platform developers to mentor and provide feedback in accordance with Sparkrock product standards. You will also work with your peers across other Sparkrock departments as the technical product expert.
If you are a highly motivated individual that is passionate about building top-tier products, then this is the place for you!
What you will be doing
- Evaluating technical designs to ensure they fit product standards and suggesting alternative ideas as required
- Defining technical and coding standards
- Defining and participating in code reviews
- Mentoring and educating developers
- Coding complex solutions and prototypes
- Defining and managing the product release process
- Documenting application architecture
- Interacting with other teams as the platform technical expert
What you will NOT be doing
- Forced into accepting all technical designs ‘as-is’
- Filling the role of a typical platform developer
What you will learn
- Will always work with the latest Business Central platform and tooling available
- Will learn how to analyze telemetry and translate it to design and code improvements
- Own platform technical standards
- Own platform coding standards
- Own product release process
- Own product architecture documentation
- Mentor and educate developers
- Evaluate and suggest new technologies and platforms for the product
- Code complex solutions and/or prototypes
- Work with other teams as the platform technical expert
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 7+ years of developer experience with Dynamics NAV/Business Central with a minimum of 3 years focused on Business Central.
- Experience building productized (non-custom) extensions for Business Central v14.0+
- Experience creating automated tests in AL using the Business Central Automated Testing Toolkit (ATT)
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Proven track record of creating and managing strong product-driven standards
- Experience with Azure DevOps: Repos, Boards
- Experience with BcContainerHelper and Docker
Nice to have
- Experience with the Business Central Performance Testing Toolkit (BCPT)
- Experience building Embed solutions for Business Central
- Experience with Azure DevOps: Pipelines, Artifacts
- Experience with AL-Go! for GitHub
- Experience with Business Central telemetry analysis
Benefits – We don’t call them perks, they’re just part of what makes working at Sparkrock great.
- We are 100% remote and global. Live your best life, wherever that may be, and never lose out on career opportunities because of it.
- Flexible work hours. We work asynchronously and don’t care when you’re online, just that you deliver great results.
- Dedication to development. We focus on career pathing for each and every one of our employees and help provide training to advance at every stage in your career.
- Focus on culture. Coffee chats, happy hours, cooking classes, book clubs, and more!
- Swag! Because who doesn’t love swag?
- Stipend to help set up your ideal home office
- Introductions to thought leaders in the space and webinars on cutting-edge tech hot topics
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Application Deadline: N/A