Website Abt Associates
This job listing is about Abt Associates in Antananarivo, Madagascar 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Sustainability of Local Health Systems (LHSS) project is USAID’s flagship initiative in strengthening integrated health systems, with the goal of helping low- and middle-income countries move to sustainable, self-funded health systems to support universal health coverage. Led by Abt Associates, this five-year, $209 million project works with partner countries and local stakeholders to reduce financial barriers to care and treatment, ensure equitable access to essential health services for all, and improve the quality of health services.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Local Health System Sustainability ( LHSS) Madagascar Activity. Through this activity, LHSS will collaborate with the Support Unit for the Implementation of Universal Health Coverage (CA-CSU) of the Ministry of Public Health (MSP) to implement its National Health Financing Strategy, including the design of community-based health insurance ( mutuelles). The Chief of Party will support CA-CSU to engage key government and private sector stakeholders to strengthen financial protection mechanisms for health. Capacity strengthening of the relevant Ministry of Health stakeholder units with respect to health financing activity coordination and implementation will be an important component of this program. The Chief of Party will be based in the Abt office in Antananarivo.
This position is contingent upon USAID approval of extended work plan. Ideal candidate should be available to start January 2023 but if available earlier, a short term consultancy may be considered.
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction, technical leadership, and project management to successfully implement planned activities and produce results.
- Represent Abt Associates and LHSS to the USAID Mission, ministry officials, development partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Lead knowledge management efforts to disseminate LHSS Madagascar work.
- Oversee the operation of management systems and operating procedures for the implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate with and leverage similar projects from surrounding development partners and local stakeholders for better results and cost efficiency.
- Supervise institutional sub-agreements with assistance from the Abt Senior Management Team.
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high-quality work and internal control
- Coordinate closely with the home-office based team to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated, and actions comply with the provisions of the contract and with USAID.
- Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID requirements, procedures and practices.
Within the LHSS project, the Chief of Party will be supported by LHSS home office-based operations, finance and technical expertise and will report to the Madagascar Country Program Manager.
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health/Health Administration (or other relevant health specialization) or Business Administration
- 12 years’ prior experience in implementing complex health system strengthening activities in the public and private sectors in Madagascar is required
- Experience in designing and implementing financial protection mechanisms for health is desirable
- Experience in aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into efficiently implemented program activities
- Fluency in French writing/speaking skills required
- Ability to communicate and review/draft reports and other professional documents in English is desirable
- Local nationals are highly encouraged to apply
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Company: Abt Associates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Antananarivo, Madagascar
Application Deadline: N/A