This job listing is about Vectrus in Majuro, Marshall Islands 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
May operate the year-round CYS Child Development Center. Serves as a team leader for program staff with responsibility for the operation and program in accordance with applicable regulations for a particular program within the CDC (i.e. Infant/Toddler, Preschool, or Pre-K).
- This position is physically located in the Marshall Islands in support of LOGCAP**
- Child Youth Services Lead operates a portion of Child Youth Services Department. Oversees arrival and departure of children and youth. Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities and on field trips, outings, and special events. Works within prescribed staff-to-child ratios. Develops and provides individual and/or group lessons to participants using specified program curriculum. Performs duties under the general direction of the Program Director who outlines program objectives. Works with CYPAs to facilitate a safe and productive learning environment for all children.
May operate the Before and After School Care program, and K-6 camps (summer, winter, and spring) when school is out of session. Serves as a team leader for program staff with responsibility for the operation and program in accordance with applicable regulations for SAC programming within the Army CYS structure.
May operate the after-school and weekend youth program. Serves as a team leader for program staff with responsibility for the operation and program in accordance with applicable regulations for YC programming within the Army CYS structure.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Ensures compliance with law, policies, and regulations applicable to DoD Child and Youth programs.
- Provides care and supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with local policies, guidance, and standards.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Plans and implements the daily and weekly program activities and creates a developmentally appropriate environment and lessons, utilizing 4H, Boys and Girls Club of America, and the Army Youth Four Service Areas framework for curriculum in alignment with the Council on Accreditation (COA) standards.
- Adheres to all DoD policies and regulations applicable to safety requirements and reporting of incidents.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children and youth.
- Complete parent/teacher conferences when appropriate.
- Organizes activities, distributes work and instructs team members in specific tasks and job techniques; makes available written instructions, reference materials, and supplies.
- Prepares, arranges, and maintains indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules.
- Demonstrates, instructs, leads, and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities.
- Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques.
- Cares for special needs children and youth as directed by the supervisor.
- Participates in program evaluation using designated instruments such as programmatic rating scales, risk assessment tools (as required), self-inspection materials, and national accreditation tools.
- Assists in achieving and maintaining DoD certification and national accreditation or equivalent.
- Ensures compliance with health, fire, safety, facility and program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards. Notifies supervisor of health, fire, and safety compliance concerns.
- Monitors food service program for assigned area ensuring compliance with all applicable Army and USDA food program policies and procedures to include proper meal components, portion sizes and maintains food program records.
- Prepares and implements program options for children and youth with special requirements..
- Completes all required training and demonstrates competence in job requirements.
- Serves as a mandatory reporter to Family Advocacy and Child Protective Services as prescribed by local policy in the case of suspected incidences of child abuse and neglect.
- Works cooperatively with program directors and other CYS staff to ensure seamless service and continuity of quality options for all children and youth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The definition of fully vaccinated is that you’ve: 1.) received a vaccine that is recognized by the governing entity and is either a.) Two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine b.) Two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine c.) Two doses of Moderna Vaccine (or) d. One dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and 2.) Two weeks elapsed after the final dose was administered, which is either one or two doses depending on brand of the vaccination.
- Minimum Qualifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Associates degree or equivalent credit hours in relevant field, i.e. early childhood, primary, or special education; child/youth development or psychology, social work, youth program administration, or youth recreation/health and twelve (12) months experience in a group program with children or youth.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a Child Care National Agency Check (CNACI) clearance requiring US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Must have ability to obtain passport or Current Passport must have at least nine (9) months validity prior to expiration.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in early childhood, primary, or special education; child/youth development or psychology; social work; youth program administration; or youth recreation/health and six (6) months experience in a group program with children or youths.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- In order to qualify for this position, you must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of your assignment and show proof of your vaccination status, unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation (religious or medical).
- An equivalent combination of additional related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements. To include youth coaching or instruction, youth programming (before/after school programming, youth organizations (Boy and Girls Club of America, YMCA), youth education/tutoring, camp counseling, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with children, parents, program staff, and school personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Child Care National Agency Check (CNACI) is required, obtained during hiring process.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications, obtained after hiring.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Lead over a portion of Child Youth Services Department.
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in tropical weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with a variety of conditions.
- Physical Requirements:
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Majuro, Marshall Islands
Application Deadline: N/A