Intern Analyst in China Office of Finnish Industries Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Website China Office of Finnish Industries
This job listing is about China Office of Finnish Industries in Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The China Office of Finnish Industries is looking for an intern analyst for the spring period 2023.
Are you a student working on your master’s degree and aspiring to pursue a career related to China-or East Asia? Do you already have some working knowledge of China? Do you look to make your mark in the private sector, with some experience under your belt? If one or more of these criteria fits you, you might be just what the China Office of Finnish Industries is looking for in our new intern.
The China Office of Finnish Industries was founded in June 2022 by 21 Finnish companies with business interests in the People’s Republic of China (henceforth China). One of our goals is to provide these shareholders with high-quality, impartial assessments of developments affecting the business environment in China. Analysis is provided orally in briefings and in writing via reports and newsletters. To assist in fulfilling this goal the China Office of Finnish Industries seeks a Helsinki-based, part-time intern.
About this opportunity:
The role of an intern provides the perfect opportunity to gather or deepen your China-related expertise, and gain experience with analyst work. Our task is to draft high-quality assessments about China as a business environment. We strive to keep our shareholders abreast of China’s political-economic challenges, China’s international role, and China’s trade and investment policies. You will assist in the process of producing material for the shareholders, take part in organizing events, and contribute to the day-to-day routines in the office.
The intern is expected to:
- Assist the team in gleaning the essential points and angles of abundant international analysis about China from the perspective of Finnish private and public sectors
- Assist in the organization of events
- Participate in the team’s brainstorming about the content of briefings and reports
- Assist in keeping the website up to date
What we offer:
- 5 months’ part-time internship, working 3 days a week
- Competitive salary above the average intern remuneration
- An opportunity to work as a part of a small but passionate team
- A chance to develop your analytical skills with solid mentorship
- The possibility to network and develop your professional skills
- The opportunity to gather experience from working in the intersection of public and private
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s student in China/Asian studies, economics, international relations, international business, political science, and/or public policy, or a related field.
- At a minimum some Chinese-language reading skill.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Finnish and English.
- University internship subsidy
What we consider a bonus:
- Previous experience working as a research assistant or in a China-related role in the public or private sector
- Experience of studying or working in the PRC
- Some degree of fluency in Chinese or other East Asian languages.
To apply: Please send your resume, study transcripts, and a cover letter of no
more than 500 words addressing the selection criteria and describing your interest in
this role to [email protected] Please write ‘Intern Spring 2023’ in the email subject title.
Position-related enquiries should be directed to Project Officer Akseli Mäenpää at [email protected]
- Please submit your application on or before 15 December 2022. Note that applications willbe assessed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Company: China Office of Finnish Industries
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Application Deadline: N/A