Website City Plumbing
This listing is about City Plumbing in Crick, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Looking to get into Finance? Want to join a business that will fund your self-development and finance training?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity to join City Plumbing as a Finance Assistant within the Margin Support team. This is a great opportunity to work in a Hybrid role and develop your knowledge within finance.
Interested? Read on to find out more!
It’s an exciting time to be joining the division as we embark on a transformation journey to create a stronger, efficient, and more profitable business. Our strategy focuses on nurturing what already makes us great while building plans to differentiate our customer offer and continuing to develop expertise, range, and delivering a great service to make it easier for customers to do business with us. We want to continue to build a strong culture of winning where customers love to shop and where our people love to work.
In this Finance Assistant role, you’ll be part of a team that is passionate about improving data integrity, maintaining the accuracy of the contracts and recovering outstanding debt so that cash flows and margins are increased.
You will work closely with colleagues and suppliers to identify, track, report and resolve the root-cause issues relating to supplier contract support maintenance queries.
Areas of focus:
- Updating the P&H contract support trackers to ensure status is up-to-date and responsibility for actions are clearly logged
- Managing business expectation with clear process and procedures
- Investigating, building evidence & submitting supplier discrepancies within the required timeline to achieve complete payment
- Working with business partners to ensure that information is available for an efficient disputed claim resolution
- Chasing supplier outstanding debt and challenging status to improve margin
- Managing supplier meetings, reconciliation of accounts and recovery of debt
- Supporting colleagues and escalating any outstanding issues to ensure an acceptable outcome
- Suggesting system and process improvements that adapt to meet business needs
- Month end postings, reconciliation of ledgers and other accountancy/analytical requirements
This role offers the opportunity of flexibility, based predominantly from home, but you should be within commutable distance of our newly refurbished offices in Crick, Northamptonshire.
This means you could be based in Corby, Coventry, Hinckley, Kettering, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Loughborough, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Northampton, Nuneaton, Oundle, Peterborough, Rugby, Rushden, Tamworth, Wellingborough, as well as Crick itself.
You’ll live and breathe our Customer First ethos, with an enthusiastic and pro-active approach to problem-solving.
Required skills and competencies:
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) or an accountancy qualification such as AAT level 3 or above is preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with good report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals
- Methodical with an attention to detail
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads to achieve deadlines
- Excellent numeracy skills and conversant in Word and Excel (Formula work)
- Understanding of Financial Reconciling an advantage
- Confident, Self motivated and willing to learn
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Accounts Assistant, Finance Graduate, Finance Assistant, Finance Executive, Payroll Assistant, Cash & Banking Assistant, CIMA, ACCA, ACA.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career!
We’re proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we’re super excited about our future. We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits Package and Cultural Environment:
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Savings on driving lessons, phone bills, gym memberships as well as further benefits
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, let’s be there for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- Striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to enrich it. #BelongWithUs
We are committed to best practices in recruitment and undertake Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches that undertake deliveries for British Gas. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment.
Company: City Plumbing
Job Location: Crick, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com