Website City Plumbing
This listing is about City Plumbing in Northampton, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Recently gained your Finance qualifications, but don’t feel like you are adding much value to your business? Want to Partner and influence stakeholders across a business that is recognised nationally, but is about to experience huge growth?
If so, City Plumbing is now recruiting for a Management Accountant to work within our Finance team to manage all aspects of our stock accounting.
This pivotal role will allow you to Partner with various different departments and allow YOU to add real value across our business.
Interested? Then read on to find out more.
It is an exciting time here at City Plumbing. We have recently become a stand-alone business and are making real strides in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity .
One of the areas we are looking to recruit for is a Management Accountant to work within our Finance team and be responsible for all aspects of Stock Accounting.
As our Management Accountant within Stock, you’ll interact with a number of different departments on a daily basis so it is vital that you are able to translate financial concepts into digestible information for your various stakeholders.
Areas of focus:
- Responsible for accounting Stock at a gross and net stock level. This will be inline with appropriate accounting standards and the completion of monthly financial submissions.
- Review and challenge the outcome of monthly processes (incl. Buying Gains, Inflation Gains, and Gross Margin Variances).
- Support branches and the Ops and Commercial teams with stock and GMV related queries.
- All balance sheet reconciliations related to stock accounting, as well as, working with external stock auditors to help them understand our accounting processes and balance validation.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the Stock and GMV accounting processes.
- Manage a stock analyst and help manage/oversee their workload.
This is a hybrid-based opportunity with true flexibility to work from home, but you should be within commutable distance of our newly refurbished offices in Crick, Northamptonshire.
This means you could be based in Corby, Coventry, Hinckley, Kettering, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Loughborough, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Northampton, Nuneaton, Oundle, Peterborough, Rugby, Rushden, Tamworth, Wellingborough, as well as Crick itself.
You’ll live and breathe our Customer First ethos, with a proactive and analytical approach to problem-solving. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with the wider Finance team and you’ll thrive on delivering excellent Stock analysis and reports.
Required skills and competencies:
- Finance Qualification or the equivalent (think ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- Excellent excel skills or Google Sheets.
- Analytically-minded with experience of working alongside senior stakeholders.
- Commercial experience in financial modeling (reporting, budgets, forecasting etc).
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with excellent time-management skills. Able to communicate effectively Financial concepts into digestible information for the end-user.
This would suit you if you have gained your qualifications, enjoy partnering with various stakeholders in the business, and love turning complex financial concepts into easy-to-understand information.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Financial Accountant, Finance Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance BP, Finance Business Partner, Management Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Stock Accountant, Stock Business Partner, Construction, Building Merchants, Building Products.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career!
We’re proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we’re super excited about our future. We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits Package and Cultural Environment:
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Savings on driving lessons, phone bills, gym memberships as well as further benefits
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, let’s be there for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- Striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to enrich it. #BelongWithUs
We are committed to best practices in recruitment and undertake Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches that undertake deliveries for British Gas. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment.
Company: City Plumbing
Job Location: Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com