This listing is about Claranet in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
The Role – The Pre-Sales Architect function is part of the Solution Design team, working alongside Solution Architects, they responsible for the requirement gathering, scoping and solution design of Claranet’s customer network and communications solutions. The primary focus of the Solution Design team, through responsive, communicative and innovative activity, is to work closely with the Business Development Managers, Sales Specialists and our customers to ensure that we meet their expectations from initial engagement and throughout the sales engagement lifecycle.
Operating primarily as a desk-based function, the core responsibility of the Pre-Sales Architect role is to provide design support and guidance for high volume / lower contract value opportunities through the sales process. The Pre-Sales Architect may be engaged in these opportunities to assist in clarifying customer requirements and applying them to value based propositions using the Claranet portfolio. When engaged the Pre-Sales Architect owns and is responsible for the overall quality of the client technical solution, working, where required, with Solutions Architects and other technical experts across Claranet to provide deliverable and supportable solutions for our customers.
The Pre-Sales Architect is a key contributor to the Claranet sales and customer lifecycle providing a knowledge transition bridge from their design and technical scoping through to the Claranet project and provisioning teams for the successful delivery of the services. While the Pre-Sales Architect role is primarily office based there may be a requirement at times for attendance at off-site customer meetings.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Provide technical solution-based support to the Network & Comms BU sales team and the Customer Success team in all regions in support of their opportunities and customers.
- Manage general technical questions and queries from the sales community in pursuit of new business growth.
- Must be able to articulate and design solutions based on the Claranet network portfolio.
- Support sales with opportunities, dealing with ad-hoc requests from sales and attending customer conference calls, taking responsibility for designing solutions or contributing to the solution.
- Build and maintain supporting documentation to enable greater self-service by the sales teams.
- Monitor and manage the Solution Design sales engagement queue, ensuring a fair and even spread of workload across the whole team.
- Monitor and manage the sales order queue for technical approvals, applying appropriate due diligence to the approvals process and providing feedback to the sales community on any issues found to clarify or redesign the solution.
- Work with sales and customers to establish key drivers and requirements and propose appropriate solutions to meet these, working closely with sales and other internal supporting teams to ensure that there is a balance between design and price/customer budget.
- Where necessary provide/facilitate training to enable the sales team’s greater self-sufficiency with customer opportunities.
- Accountable for the successful handover to the Service Delivery team and the accuracy of the design specification to installation.
- Provide market and sales feedback to Product Management.
- Provide expert knowledge and support to others across the business in relation to the Pre-Sales Architect role.
- A flexible and pro-active approach
- Desire to work within a solutions / consultative technical sales environment
- Excellent communication skills, written, and verbal
- Able to communicate and present to a non-technical and technical audience
- Good understanding of the technologies behind Claranet’s network products, such as:
- Ethernet, EFM, EoFTTC, Leased Lines
- FTTC/P, ADSL
- Mobile Broadband (4G/5G)
- MPLS, SD-WAN, IPSec / SSL VPN
- TCP/IP, Routing, Switching
- Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Fortinet, Draytek
- VoIP, Hosted Communications, MS365, MS Teams
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Enthusiasm and drive to succeed
- Ability to work on own initiative with a strong time management and ability to prioritize
- Keen to continue to develop technical and consultancy skills
- Full Driving License
- Previous experience working in telecoms or with a network provider
- Ability to scope and design technical solutions including products within Claranet’s network portfolio
- Experience of working with customers to understand their requirements and translate this into solution designs
- Experience of writing technical/solution documentation addressing customer requirements
- Technical accreditations or part accreditations e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CMNA, Fortinet NSE
Claranet’s IT services help our customers do amazing things. We simplify the management of IT services so our customers can concentrate on what they do best. By working with us, our customers gain access to a wide range of integrated collaboration, cloud and cyber security managed services, as well as our support and expertise 24×7.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £400 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,500 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
The Network and Communication business unit – Make a difference, empower customers to be more productive, creative and change the way they serve their communities. Imagine working in a start-up, but without the risk of it not taking off. That’s what our team is like. The team are innovative and coached to try new things to help our customers. Everyone wants to challenge technology, “the old way of doing things” and help customers transform to make the most out of technology. No one in the team is afraid of hard work which unites a mix of very interesting backgrounds. It’s not the job for everyone, but if you want to feel like you’ve contributed and achieved something each day, this is the team for you.
We’re working on building an ever-improving company based on openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy as our core values, a company that aims to be inclusive for the diverse group of people we get to work with, and where everyone supports each other and celebrates successes together. We want our people to feel engaged, comfortable, and healthy—and to know that they can belong here, no matter their story or background. If this resonates with you, then come and join us.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A