This listing is about Claranet in Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
Through a culture of collaboration, learning and opportunity, Customer Service is a community of vibrant and dynamic service and technology experts, executing all facets of our operation with consistency, pride and efficiency.
We take a proactive, always-on approach to service and we will go further than any other by providing a unique end-to-end service experience that spans cloud, cybersecurity, networks and unified communications.
The result: we save our customer’s time and they get the high-performance service experience that is critical to their success.
Essential duties & responsibilities
Incident Management form part of Customer Service, responsible for delivering technical support to UK business customers. The team are exposed to a wide range of services and technologies, across the Claranet service catalogue.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide telephone and ticketing based customer support.
- Have specialist skill set to technically support customers spanning Claranet’s service catalogue.
- Ensure the highest levels of service are delivered to Claranet customers.
- Quickly and efficiently resolve customer issues, ensuring updates are within agreed SLA’s.
- Assess the impact and urgency of tickets, gathering the appropriate information for the type of request.
- Maintain accurate records of activity taken throughout the lifecycle of a ticket.
- Management of escalation when required, engaging additional technical resource from outside the team.
- Proactive management of customer solutions.
- Identification of changes with customers to improve or maintain service.
- Work in an ITIL aligned environment.
- Provide product and service support to both external and internal customers.
- Management of third party suppliers, ensuring service level agreements are adhered to.
- Point of escalation for other technical teams.
- Create knowledge records for the team, and Customer Service department.
- Root cause analysis and investigation for incident and problem management.
- Develop technical expertise across Claranet’s product catalogue.
• A good understanding of the following:
o OSI Model
o DNS and Domain Names
o Virtual Private Networks
o Network Design
o Load Balancing
• Experience supporting the following in a managed services environment:
o ADSL connectivity
o Leased connections
o Routers (Cisco, Draytek etc)
o Firewalls (Fortinet, Juniper SCREENOS/JUNOS, CiscoASA)
o VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL)
o Load balancing (F5 BigIP, FortiGate)
• Experience working in a customer facing technical role, in an ITIL environment.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to translate technical language into user friendly information.
• Knowledge around Claranet’s products and services.
• Ability to act decisively under pressure.
• Highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player.
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Good understanding of IT Service Management.
• Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment in terms of volume and intensity of activity.
In addition, the following are highly desirable:
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Relevant technical qualification e.g. CCNA
Claranet combine pioneering technologies, practices, and expertise to propel our customers ambitions. Through a vibrant customer centric culture of collaboration, learning, and opportunity, we nurture a dynamic community of the best technology and service expertise spanning cloud, cybersecurity, networks, and unified communications.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £400 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,500 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
Claranet consistently appears in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 as one of the fastest growing privately-owned businesses in the UK. Our international success is driven by local service, out of local offices, using a mixture of local and international infrastructure, including hyperscaler clouds.
We’re working on building an ever-improving company based on openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy as our core values, a company that aims to be inclusive for the diverse group of people we get to work with, and where everyone supports each other and celebrates successes together. We want our people to feel engaged, comfortable, and healthy—and to know that they can belong here, no matter their story or background. If this resonates with you, then come and join us.
Job Location: Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com