This listing is about Cognizant in New York, NY
About the job
Senior Consultant – ServiceNow
Summary Of Position
The Senior Consultant plays a valuable role in support of successful project delivery that meets the client’s expectations and contractual obligations. Assists Managers or Sr. Managers on large programs. Runs small to mid-sized engagements independently. Responsible for the coordination of resources, organizing and maintaining project plans, supports deliverables including process and requirements definition, customer experience, and organizational change management, coordinating meetings and meeting agendas, and providing administrative support in order to successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage small / leaderless or mid-sized engagements independently. Support Manager/Sr. Manager on larger engagements.
- Compiles all client deliverables including client approach documents, process flows, customer personas and journey maps, and organizational change management, technical documents, and other project artifacts.
- Manages the assignment and work product of all resources to the project and coordinates the activities of resources required to meet and exceed client needs.
- Coordinates internal and client meetings; ensures there are meeting agendas, keeps meeting notes, tracks, and follows up on action items identified in the meeting.
- Prepares weekly status reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan and schedule.
- Prepares necessary presentation materials for meetings, including assistance with kickoff and onsite workshop decks.
- Reviews, monitors, manages, and approves consultant billable hours and expenses.
- Serves as the Scrum Master.
- Works with the client, Consultant, and Solution Architect to create user stories with business-level requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance of the baseline margin of the project and advising Management on any resource or schedule constraints that may impact the margin of the project.
- Assists the Manager / Sr. Manager in the creation and delivery of all project Change Requests.
- Builds out templates and sample artifacts to continuously improve our Center of Excellence in delivery.
- Uses their background in non-project management areas to assist the project team in creation of non-project management related materials (i.e. process flow diagrams, agile story test cases, etc.)
- Reviews / approves timesheets, generates invoices and provides budget updates / resource forecasting for assigned projects.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office products; including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge with project portfolio management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of Agile Development framework and effective SCRUM techniques.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Education & Work Experience
- Minimum 4-7 years of related experience with a management consulting firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related discipline preferred.
- Agile SCRUM Master certified preferred.
- Experience with process consulting, business analytics, organizational change management, business analysis, or technical writing (nice to have)
- ServiceNow System Administration Certification (nice to have)
- PMI PMP (nice to have)
- ITIL v4 Foundations (nice to have)
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
This position must maintain emotional control under stress. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally the employee will repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting and transporting of materials – up to 20 pounds, the ability to problem solve and retain information. This position also requires frequent travel, a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, and attending conferences.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jul 09 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email [email protected] with your request and contact information.
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com