This listing is about Coinbase in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
- Embed within our regional team. These teams are inventing the future of crypto for consumers, institutions, and businesses worldwide
- Serve as a strategic research partner to Design, PM and other teams
- Act as primary contact for your product pillar’s research needs, from large generative projects to evaluative, tactical, and investigative quick wins
- Scope, plan, conduct, analyze and communicate insights from mixed-methods research, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, concept testing, surveys, field research, jobs to be done and other methods, as needed
- Transform stakeholder questions into actionable research plans
- Evangelize your insights across the company and influence product and strategy decisions, based on your work
- Collaborate with other researchers on larger strategic research projects and internal team initiatives
- Contribute to, and learn from, the Research community at Coinbase
- 5+ years of user research experience, preferably with some experience in a lead role or main point of contact for a large product area with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated history of conducting applied research within a product team and shipping products that have been shaped by your insights
- Ability to own the research process end-to-end from ideation to solution
- Experience with classic user research methods, including both generative and evaluative. Skilled at selecting the right tool for the job
- Can successfully manage project prioritization and multiple stakeholder relationships independently
- Experience collaborating and partnering strategically with Design, Product, and other partners to drive and influence product decisions
- Business mentality, with an eye on metrics and company strategy
- Ability to balance methodological rigor with scrappiness and creativity
- Excellent hustle – our industry moves at lightning speed – supporting several projects at a time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to distill complex information and concepts into simple formats and sticky insights
- Track record of influencing product decision making
- A learner’s approach, seeing feedback as a chance to grow
- Low ego, curious and open-minded
- No knowledge of cryptocurrency required!
Nice To Haves
- Experience with usertesting.com & unmoderated testing
- Familiarity with the theory and practice of Jobs to be Done
- Experience managing research vendors
- Personal experience with cryptocurrency
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, participate in any in-person gathering (including offsites) or engage in business travel sponsored by Coinbase, you will be required to be fully vaccinated (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org