Data Engineer in commercetools Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
This job listing is about commercetools in Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The inventor of headless commerce, commercetools the world’s leading digital commerce software provider. Our portfolio of award-winning commerce services allows our clients to tailor commerce to the needs of their business, so they can create powerful, highly customized interactions with their customers while building a profitable, sustainable brand.
We are a passionate bunch of coders, marketers and thought leaders, but we are also amateur gourmet cooks, marathon enthusiasts, and (even) stand-up comedians! At commercetools, our differences are not seen as challenges but rather the fuel of our teamwork. We are bonded by a clear company vision and a well-defined value compass.
Join us and participate in the future development of the company’s enterprise value.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Help us to build an in-house data warehouse that will enable data analysis and data-driven decisions at the organizational level
- Plan, build and manage ETL workflows to integrate data from many sources into a single source
- Design a framework to ensure data quality: Our data must be accessible, up-to-date, secure, consistent and complete for its intended uses
- Work across teams to define organizational needs and ensure business requirements are met
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Solid programming skills in Python
- Real expertise in designing, building and maintaining scalable ETL pipelines
- Sound knowledge of multiple cloud systems, ideally experience with Google Cloud and Google BigQuery on the configuration and management side
- Experience working with complex queries in SQL language
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies
- Experience in Data preparation for BI tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView)
- Experience with terraform, Apache Beam
- Experience with airflow, dbt and CI/CD tools
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
What’s on Offer?
- Flexible working options
- Great work environment
- Attractive salary & benefits
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Application Deadline: N/A