Commis I in Hyatt Regency Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Website Hyatt Regency
This job listing is about Hyatt Regency in Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. The Commis I is a culinary position that requires intermediate culinary skills or related cooking experience and good communication skills.
- Prepare, Plate and present meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions.
- To produce a consistent and high quality product, provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Hyatt Regency Trinidad Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular bases reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Culinary Division as assigned. P erform all duties as per Master Task List for that Department.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel .
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in cook jobs: Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- 2 years of previous line cook experience is required.
- Culinary diploma or related certification is required
- Experience in Thai or Indian cuisine would be considered an asset
- Candidate should be able to perform all intermediate cooking skills.
- Able to work single station in the kitchen.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Valid Food Badge
- Must be Covid 19 vaccinated
This is a great opportunity to get a start with Hyatt as a cook. For immediate consideration of the cook position, click Apply Now and complete an application for the cook position on the Hyatt Careers Site!
Company: Hyatt Regency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Application Deadline: N/A